Absorbantnut's '87 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Sucks what happened. Is the motor/ turbo setup salvageable? The 02s take a M20 quite well.

Glad you're ok and you didnt get screwed
    Yes, it was salvageable. I've been experimenting trying to make the motor mount arms for the 02 :twisted:

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I think someone already does if you want to save yourself the hassle. I know my buddy Paolo (kid325e on r3v) bought some for his 2.7i that he is swapping into his 76 2002. Im sure there is more info on the FAQ
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        I think someone already does if you want to save yourself the hassle. I know my buddy Paolo (kid325e on r3v) bought some for his 2.7i that he is swapping into his 76 2002. Im sure there is more info on the FAQ
        I found the seller, it's just a decent chunk of change that I'd like to spend elsewhere. I might end up buying them pre-made though to save myself some time.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

alright, let me just start off by saying, WOW. when you first started you had a SHIT TON of work and the fact that you didnt give up is just amazin, alot of people wouldve just thrown in the white flag and walk away. you sir are a master of reviving a vehicle, just sucks to hear about your accident, hope youre doing well, have a speedy recovery, good luck.
          Originally posted by dvck
          I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
            alright, let me just start off by saying, WOW. when you first started you had a SHIT TON of work and the fact that you didnt give up is just amazin, alot of people wouldve just thrown in the white flag and walk away. you sir are a master of reviving a vehicle, just sucks to hear about your accident, hope youre doing well, have a speedy recovery, good luck.
            Thanks man, it was definitely a journey from beginning to end. I'm just glad that I was satisfied with the end result before it got smashed. Hopefully I'll be able to revive this '02 as well as I did the e30 ;)

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I'm glad you made it through the battle with insurance, hopefully they didn't leave you feeling too disappointed. I too lost my E30 to a freak road debris incident, and I too began a 2002 project after the situation settled. I still think about the E30 that was taken from me, but building the 2002 helped immensely with the grieving process. I wish you the best on moving forward, and also with your new project.
              -Ryan
              05/87 Henna M3
              04/71 Baikal 2002tii

Comment

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
                Sorry to hear this. I'm glad you made it through the battle with insurance, hopefully they didn't leave you feeling too disappointed. I too lost my E30 to a freak road debris incident, and I too began a 2002 project after the situation settled. I still think about the E30 that was taken from me, but building the 2002 helped immensely with the grieving process. I wish you the best on moving forward, and also with your new project.
                I wasn't left too disappointed, but you really can't get back what you put into the car. The hours were taken, and the money they gave me for the car really couldn't compensate me for those. Building the 2002 is frustrating sometimes, but I'm enjoying being able to tear into a new vehicle. Thanks man :-)

Comment

I have read your thread before a while back, and I follow you on instagram, but I just re-read the whole thing... Wow the E30 kicked ass, I still need to #BurnoutForBelina and I definitely will after reading this! Actually I was the one to message you about the 2002 parts on IG! But this car was absolutely awesome and it inspires me as a college kid to get working on my E30 again!!!! I'll be closely watching the 2002 build!
                  1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
                  BMW

Comment

Working...
                  X