No announcement yet.

My M60 318is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished mounting the oil cooler and remote oil filter housing setup that Garey (bmwmech1) made. Note the lower hose is not secured on the core support yet.

Comment

Spent the day cleaning up my wiring harness and making my adapter harness.

Comment

Thanks to Summit's incredibly fast shipping I should have the brakes done by the end of this weekend.

Comment

Finished my pedal bracket today

And mounted the wilwoods

Still need the swap the non airbag steering column over to allow the master cylinder on the right to clear but everything else should go really smooth.

Comment

Well after a briefly terrifying moment when I realized my $850 wilwood pedal investment was hitting the airbag column and would not work I gathered myself and got to thinking. The non airing columns mount down a lot further than the articulated stupidity of the airbag column. I bought one, tore it down and swapped everything over from my airbag column. For future reference this is a plug and play swap in any e30 equipped with an airbag.

This is the most awesome shifter I have ever used!

Last edited by dirty30; 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Most unproductive two nights in the garage ever!

Got the carpet in:

Painted the pedal bracket and mounted it semi-permanently:

Comment

Got my flaming river steering joints

Big badass radiator! S54 m coupe three row mishimoto.

I had Driveline in Lorton VA shorten the driveshaft and add the 740 flange. Fit perfectly!

Here's the list of what's left:

Finish plumbing the brake lines
                Bleed said brake system
                Run clutch line
                Bleed
                Weld on vbands to manifolds
                Route heater core hoses
                Install/ wire oil pressure gauge

So close!!
                Last edited by dirty30; 05-15-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Wired the oil pressure sender

Steering joints

I installed the battery and cranked it over to make sure nothing caught on fire and everything was functioning correctly. I also needed to prime the oil pump anyways and make sure it wasn't blasting out of any of the connections in the remote oil filter setup or the oil cooler. All I have left is to make the downpipes, finish the alterations to the coolant crossover pipe and then I can start it.

Comment

Finished the manifolds

Then finally figured out a way to set up the drive belt without the power steering pump. I used two tensioner pulleys instead of the factory large idler and small tensioner pulley and got a 7pk 1388 belt. The tensioner still operates normally.

Comment

great build, the car will definitely be a joy to drive! i'm impressed with your fab work.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                        great build, the car will definitely be a joy to drive! i'm impressed with your fab work.
                        Thanks!

I can't wait to drive my E30 again, two long years!!

Comment

It runs! Please excuse my goobery face I'm making the whole time.

Last edited by dirty30; 05-26-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Wow, you look like a new daddy, lol! Congrats man... I was just as goofy when I started mine, but I was the one shooting the video, so you couldn't see my face, lol! Awesome my friend!!!

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmech1 View Post
                              Wow, you look like a new daddy, lol! Congrats man... I was just as goofy when I started mine, but I was the one shooting the video, so you couldn't see my face, lol! Awesome my friend!!!

Garey

I had to resist my primal urges to bounce it off the rev limiter a few times. I just had the manifolds in place with a few nuts so there is a lot of extra noise but other than that it was great. I was ecstatic to say the least. Thanks for all the help Garey! Now I really need to get my brakes done!

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                                I had to resist my primal urges to bounce it off the rev limiter a few times. I just had the manifolds in place with a few nuts so there is a lot of extra noise but other than that it was great. I was ecstatic to say the least. Thanks for all the help Garey! Now I really need to get my brakes done!
                                My pleasure... half of the great stuff that's happened to me while I've built mine is to meet and lend a helping hand to other guys who I've met along the way... Kudos man, it's not an easy thing to accomplish a swap and get it running...

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X