My M60 318is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My M60 318is.

This is going to be a really slow thread, I wouldn't even subscribe to it. It will just frustrate you from the lack of updates.

After the M50 I decided I needed bigger brakes so I gathered the necessary e36 stuff and went to work. This is where I am at now, test fitting wheels even though the five lug stuff isn't on the car. I'll update this periodically with pictures. Won't be full of text because its basically your average 24v/ 5 lug bastard e30. Not to much to talk about.

Shot of where the wheels will sit in the fenders:

I have always loved the look of the old touring cars where they are slammed and tucking enormous amounts of wheel. Although I am not into the whole stance thing I find myself wanting to push the wheels out hellaflush or whatever and pretty much make it undrivable. HAHA we'll see what happens when the suspension is done and bolted on. Ultimately the car is going to see mostly track time and will be set-up properly ie: not for show. My deadline for wheels/ suspension fitment is H20 at the end of September. Its fun to cruise around and enjoy the atmosphere. Until then I am taking my time and getting this thing done right the first time.

Old pic showing old wheels/ suspension:

Last edited by dirty30; 06-20-2012, 05:35 AM.

sub'd cant wait to see awesome happen

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this.
      Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
      Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

what wheels are those?

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

so you do have an e30

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
            so you do have an e30
            I've had this one for 7 years. Lost all of my old pictures of it when my laptop crashed this year. FFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i want to see this done now.
              I'd rather bag your mom than my car :D

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                  I've had this one for 7 years. Lost all of my old pictures of it when my laptop crashed this year. FFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I kid, I kid:D

Just that your sig throws me off everytime

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                    I kid, I kid:D

Just that your sig throws me off everytime
                    The sig picture was another really cool photo I lost. My 4000 quattro was covered in salt and snow and shit just after a long commute and made for a great picture.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                      The sig picture was another really cool photo I lost. My 4000 quattro was covered in salt and snow and shit just after a long commute and made for a great picture.
                      Seems like I'm bringing up a lot of bad memories for you....

Comment

those wheels look cool! whats the size and what kind of car do they come off of?

Comment

thats a sweet looking car. if you can tuck those wheels like that it will look awesome
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                            thats a sweet looking car. if you can tuck those wheels like that it will look awesome
                            agreed, I really like the wheels a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                              I'm hoping my fuzzy math works out and I can end up using them.

To all that were asking the wheels are actually OE BMW wheels from an E60.

17x8 et20

style 144

I have a back-up set of OZ ultraleggerras just in case the low offset kills my plans. If I end up having to super stretch the tires or something I'm probably just going to use the e36 sized OZ's with a proper tire.

Comment

Working...
                              X