My M60 318is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kristov View Post
    How is the pedal feel with the pedal box?
    It feels great. Clutch pedal feel is perfect and the brakes feel good even before I've adjusted the bias bar. I will probably swap out the 5/8ths front master for a 3/4 eventually as it is slightly undersized but overall it turned out as planned!

Comment

Looks fantastic!
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
        Looks fantastic!
        Thanks. I can't take credit for it though. I could have attempted this myself if I had a lift but lying on my back and trying to make all those complicated angles would have broken me. The hardest part has been trying to keep it as close to the body as we can on the drivers side just after the downpipe V-band. It will also have another pair of vbands shortly after the subframe bend. This will allow me to remove the center section only to play around with different resonators or work in the trans area without dropping a huge one piece system. Should be done tonight. I'll post pictures.

Comment

I'm waiting to get the Rover fixed, then sell the e24, and I'll be buckling down on my swap. I'm tired of seeing everyone getting them done!

Comment

I'm waiting to get the Rover fixed, then sell the e24, and I'll be buckling down on my swap. I'm tired of seeing everyone getting them done!
            I am diggin that Rover. Have you wheeled it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
              Thanks. I can't take credit for it though. I could have attempted this myself if I had a lift but lying on my back and trying to make all those complicated angles would have broken me. The hardest part has been trying to keep it as close to the body as we can on the drivers side just after the downpipe V-band. It will also have another pair of vbands shortly after the subframe bend. This will allow me to remove the center section only to play around with different resonators or work in the trans area without dropping a huge one piece system. Should be done tonight. I'll post pictures.
              Be glad you are having someone else do it. I attempted mine on my own yesterday, and now have the problems you decided to avoid... having the drivers side hanging down so low. Trying to get the pipes to bend in to the center, under the driveshaft, is a major PITA when you are working under the car on jackstands. I realized immediately I wouldn't be able to do that, and just ran them straight back under the floorboards, making them a good 2" or more lower then I wanted them to be.

Yours looks great, and that's a nice looking x-pipe!

Looks like we are all finishing up our m60 builds at the same time... can't wait for Bimmerfest!
              85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
              e30 restoration and V8 swap
              24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                Be glad you are having someone else do it. I attempted mine on my own yesterday, and now have the problems you decided to avoid... having the drivers side hanging down so low. Trying to get the pipes to bend in to the center, under the driveshaft, is a major PITA when you are working under the car on jackstands. I realized immediately I wouldn't be able to do that, and just ran them straight back under the floorboards, making them a good 2" or more lower then I wanted them to be.

Yours looks great, and that's a nice looking x-pipe!

Looks like we are all finishing up our m60 builds at the same time... can't wait for Bimmerfest!
                Yeah the drivers side blows but where it goes under the trans mount will be the lowest part in the system for me. Everything else it tucked up in the exhaust tunnel. Can't wait to hear all the different set-ups at Bimmerfest!

Comment

I am diggin that Rover. Have you wheeled it yet?
                  Nope. It's been broke too often, lol.

Just ordered another caliper. Front left locked up. I've got to get some bigger tires too. It's on stockie street tires now.

It will be wheeled though. Exactly why I bought it.

BTW, your 4runner is awesome!

Comment

Nope. It's been broke too often, lol.

Just ordered another caliper. Front left locked up. I've got to get some bigger tires too. It's on stockie street tires now.

It will be wheeled though. Exactly why I bought it.

BTW, your 4runner is awesome!
                    Thanks!

Its an old beater. I have 4.88's, some rock rails and a Detroit Trutrac to put in it as soon as I get some time. Might give that Rover a run for its money!

Comment

Thanks!

Its an old beater. I have 4.88's, some rock rails and a Detroit Trutrac to put in it as soon as I get some time. Might give that Rover a run for its money!
                      Haha, that old Rover needs some work before going into anything too terrible. We took it over a friends old dirt bike track and it did very well in stock form though. I was impressed.

Comment

What are you running for a radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                          What are you running for a radiator?
                          The big bad Mishimoto S54 M coupe radiator.

Comment

Almost done!

Comment

The big bad Mishimoto S54 M coupe radiator.
                              How well does it fit with the radiator hoses? Are any hoses other than the stock V8 ones required?

Comment

There we go. I can't use a computer for shit.

The exhaust turned out exactly as I wanted. Extremely tight in the body, low rpm burbbley growl and nice and throaty up high. The video makes it sound kinda tinny and raspy but it's not at all.
                                Last edited by dirty30; 07-02-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X