No announcement yet.

Eta-to-M50: Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole roll (6" x 25') comes in at just under 5 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
      The whole roll (6" x 25') comes in at just under 5 lbs.
      Not bad. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Now thats a great looking engine bay for an s5..... oh its an m50 you said? Shit me wild son. I kid, but I was looking for an update on how baller the m50 with all that naked metal. Keep up the good work and it's awesome to see progress!

Comment

Then you're gonna love this...

It is ready.

Comment

Then you're gonna love this...

It is ready.
            nice!

The inner nerd in me popped out. How about tagging the engine bay with a storm trooper stencil on one of those strut towers ;) sorry, had to say something Vdubs like that.

Comment

That's funny as shit, because I was actually considering doing one of these on the front of each of the strut towers or the front of each wheel well:

Fucking rebel scum.

Comment

car's too clean for those shenanigans..

Comment

There will be at least one somewhere, probably hidden.

Comment

That's funny as shit, because I was actually considering doing one of these on the front of each of the strut towers or the front of each wheel well:

Fucking rebel scum.
                    Heh that was the second choice. Well there seems to be a lot of flat surfaces there and it would set it apart a bit from all the other shaved e30 engine bays we've seen /sarcasm So... great kid, but don't get cocky.

Comment

Maybe I'll have Andrew make them for me out of gloss black vinyl, that way you won't really see them on the gloss black paint, they'll kind of be "ghosted".

Comment

Maybe I'll have Andrew make them for me out of gloss black vinyl.
                        Done:

Comment

car coming along nicely. Also I have used P&S on my interior. The roll weigs in around 5.5lbs to be exact for a 25 foot roll. 3 rolls is what it takes to do the whole interior including inside the doors and the outside panel under the door panel. There really is no smell and as long as you do in with both doors open to air it out, the little smell it has will go away. I got more smells from the glue of the door panels and the paint on the carpet, gives it that new car smell. I have it all under my thread but realized my project was not on this site, only e30tech. Will add it to this site section.
                          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Does anyone know if truck bedliner is heat resistant? I don't mean for blocking it, I mean, will it melt or to go shit from engine heat? I'm trying to come up with something to coat the firewall in in the engine bay, everything below where the M3 harness covers will go, and where all that foam insulation stuff was.

Comment

Just replace with new oem insulation as it's pre-cut and formed, how much are these or they nla?
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

That stuff looks to be rather expensive... and I can't tell which part is which, there's 3 different part numbers for #1. Looks like the big firewall/trans tunnel part is the 3rd one, at $87... :(

I think I'll just get a sheet of that same type of material (maybe something foil-faced) and spray-glue it to the firewall myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X