Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89 e30 View Post
    That looks amazing!
    Thanks man, it should look even better by tomorrow night!

Garey

Comment

Shot 3 coats of clear on it last night... it laid down much better, still has some orange peel on the vertical surfaces, but much less than before and the horizontal surfaces leveled out pretty nicely. I reduced it 10% and the temperature was in the mid 70s, so that helped out, I'm sure. Spent some time today re-assembling the doors, door glass, regulators and trim and got the drivers quarter window in and the drip rail on both sides back on. Here are some pics...

It's starting to look more like a car again and I'm really happy to be bolting stuff back on it for good. It looks as good as I envisioned it would, some 2 odd years ago...:D:D:D

Garey
      Last edited by bmwmech1; 03-23-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

That thing looks so cool without a rear wing. Well it looks amazing regardless.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

:up: x1000
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

We have new shirts coming out "While we are in there" Im sending you one as if this is not a "while we are in there" not sure what is.
            Awesome work. Cant wait to see it.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
              We have new shirts coming out "While we are in there" Im sending you one as if this is not a "while we are in there" not sure what is.
              Awesome work. Cant wait to see it.
              Thanks Levent... I'm pretty motivated to get this thing done and bring it over on the 20th of May. Really looking forward to G'fest!!!

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              That thing looks so cool without a rear wing. Well it looks amazing regardless.
              Originally posted by Simon S View Post
              :up: x1000
              To me, it looks unfinished without the wing, but that's just me... thanks either way:D

Garey
              Last edited by bmwmech1; 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Garey, I am really looking forward to seeing your car in person, and shaking your hand. What an amazing project, man. My builds right now are nothing even close to this magnitude, but you've definitely influenced what I'll do in the future. Thanks for documenting your journey :)
                Originally posted by LJ851
                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                #teamross
                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                  Garey, I am really looking forward to seeing your car in person, and shaking your hand. What an amazing project, man. My builds right now are nothing even close to this magnitude, but you've definitely influenced what I'll do in the future. Thanks for documenting your journey :)
                  Thanks man... I'm looking forward to meeting everyone who has posted something in this thread. To this point, I've only met a few, but they've all been quality people. I feel fortunate that I did this build and documented it, since it has enabled me to talk with and meet people I would otherwise never have had the opportunity to meet. The beauty of the web, right?

We'll run into each other somewhere...

Garey

Comment

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Just have her ready by GFest, and we can meet there :)
                      ?

#teamross

Comment

Just have her ready by GFest, and we can meet there :)
                        ?
                        That's the date I'm shooting for...

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                        Thank you sir!!!

Garey

Comment

Damn its looking good.

Wish I had a garage that big. Going to be a bitch to put the new engine in with my one car apartment garage

But worth it in the end.
                          Dare 2 Dream Motorsports
                          sigpic

Comment

^^^ Thanks Jeremy

Worked on it some more tonight and got some more done. At this point, anything I get done is one less thing left to do, lol! I got the carpet set dyed black, got the passenger side quarter window in, the door seals on, the tail lights in, the trunk latch and lock cylinder in and some of the harness tied down with new clips. I threw the wing and front bumper on just to look at it...

Garey

Comment

Wow, closer and closer!! I'd be tempted to abandon everything else in life until the car was done if I was that close! 2 years down, just a few weeks to go! Go Garey!!!

#teamross

Comment

Wow, closer and closer!! I'd be tempted to abandon everything else in life until the car was done if I was that close! 2 years down, just a few weeks to go! Go Garey!!!
                                Haha... I wish I could shut down everything to finish this car, lol! It's a little further off from being done than it looks, though. Once the clutch comes in this week and I can put the engine back in it, then we're getting closer...:D

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X