Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    where's the rats nest wiring harness? :p

    lmk if you have MS3 q's. Man, I would have gone with the vanos head though, especially with MS3..

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    Ok ok. We are splitting hairs at this point >_< I didn't want this thread to turn into MS fun town. I can start another thread just for my MS3 build if people want. I'm due to start wiring whenever I finish with the temp track E30.
    That would be greatly appreciated. :D
    As well as base maps...haha. Wishful thinking.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Ok ok. We are splitting hairs at this point >_< I didn't want this thread to turn into MS fun town. I can start another thread just for my MS3 build if people want. I'm due to start wiring whenever I finish with the temp track E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • whodwho
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    bip373s are direct drop ins for the vb291s. Still need the resistors.
    But they don't have an insulated case so you do need to use a mica insulator if on a common heat sink

    Originally posted by shiboujin
    yes. That's why they stopped using the vb291s...
    Actually they stopped using them because the vb921s are NLA ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    yes. That's why they stopped using the vb291s. BIP373s shut down when they overheat instead of exploding. To my knowledge, no one has killed a BIP373

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    bip373s are direct drop ins for the vb291s. Still need the resistors.
    But more durable according to DIYautotune.

    Leave a comment:


  • TexasTerp
    replied
    congrats on the new engine build yosh!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    bip373s are direct drop ins for the vb291s. Still need the resistors.

    Leave a comment:


  • Winning
    replied
    Subscribed!

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    I've heard that you do not need to run the 6 330ohm resistors with the bip373's.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Originally posted by ahriley91
    So are they inline from the coil itself to the msx? And I've heard that with the MS3 and MS3x that you do not need the 330ohm resistors.
    The circuit DIY gave me was the 330 ohm one. It should be the same as the MS1. Only difference is that I'm running them sequentially. IE 6 wires in, 6 wires out. That's it.

    Originally posted by funcrew
    Forgive my ignorance, but are you controlling vanos with the MS3? Or can you use a non-vanos head on the S52 block?
    I'm running a worked non vanos head. MS1 can do vanos as a nos output. MS3 can do full VVT but I'm unsure of specifics.

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    You can control the vanos with the expansion for MS3. It has an output for variable valve timing. Which is simple for the m50, m52, s50, and s52 because the vanos is just an on and off type, black and white. But the m52tu and engines after that have double vanos and are variable.

    Leave a comment:


  • funcrew
    replied
    Forgive my ignorance, but are you controlling vanos with the MS3? Or can you use a non-vanos head on the S52 block?

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    I just have to wire a separate breakout box with the bip373s and some 330ohm resistors. It shouldn't be so bad. I did it with my MS1. Except this time it'll be firing them sequentially.
    So are they inline from the coil itself to the msx? And I've heard that with the MS3 and MS3x that you do not need the 330ohm resistors.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I just have to wire a separate breakout box with the bip373s and some 330ohm resistors. It shouldn't be so bad. I did it with my MS1. Except this time it'll be firing them sequentially.

    Leave a comment:

Working...