Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiboujin
    replied
    FINALLY laid paint today. The metallic is very very hard to shoot and every TINY detail I didn't notice or forgot showed up. But then again, RACE CAR. I'm gonna wet sand eventually so the orange peel goes away but if I stopped now, I would be happy. It 100% passes the 50/50 rule. It'll pass the 10/0 rule at this point too!











    Leave a comment:


  • Mike The Bavarian
    replied
    hmmm forged internal....hell yeah.
    hmm bewst..hell yeah.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Progress. Slow but steady. Had a shop assemble the bottom end and check all my work. S52 crank and block. Eagle rods, TRM wiseco 8.5:1 CR coated forged pistons. ARP main studs, ARP rod studs, all new bearings, etc etc



    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    <3 U too...

    It's getting a true HVLP job so it'll at least past the 50/50 rule.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    I was kidding--I remember the older state of this car. Just fucking paint it this time.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I took stock M3 front fenders (don't worry, they were hard up when I got them) and widened them over an inch. I also got the czech rear quarter overfenders and did the same thing (didn't turn out as good). I have an Mtech 1 replica front bumper that I've restored (got it for $150 shipped because literally someone ran over it). Also, as pictured, I have HM E36 side skirts that I shortened and modified to fit on the wide body.

    The aim isn't hella flush. Just enough to not look goofy. Don't worry, this is just filler primer. It's already mostly sanded off on the hood lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Extra mega widebody? What are you gonna run under those? Poke and stretch hellaflush? Stance? :p

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied


    A taste of things to come.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I got the TRM specials. 8.5 CR and a .5mm overbore.

    Leave a comment:


  • dirty30
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    hahah never updated this. I'm having the bottom end assembled at a shop I trust. The stock S52 rods didn't work with the wiseco pistson (TRM said they would :() so I got some eagle rods. Should have the bottom assembled next week or so. Should be interesting.

    What wiseco's did you get? The shop assembling my brothers S52 had no problem using the stock rods. My brother got the 10:1 .25? over I think...

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    hahah never updated this. I'm having the bottom end assembled at a shop I trust. The stock S52 rods didn't work with the wiseco pistson (TRM said they would :() so I got some eagle rods. Should have the bottom assembled next week or so. Should be interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Got the engine back from the machine shop. It's been done for a while but I've been busy. The alignment hone went well and the cylinders look sexy as hell. Now I need to shove it on a stand and start assembling. Prob shoving on the crank soon since I have that around until I can gap the rings properly.









    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Spec stage 5 clutch. They don't make any higher stages lol.


    Right before we went to the machine shop to drop it off.


    Crank (still mostly blue)



    Bad pistons are bad.




    Long story short, I would have had to wait until late summer before any shop could START on the motor. So I'm just having them check the block out (straightness etc) and have the pistons put in/bored out/whatever needs to get done. Then I'll piece the rest together myself. They should be done with the motor at the end of the month. W00t!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Why bother though? I'd have to get stock manifolds and make an exhaust adapter. at 8.5:1CR it won't make much NA power.

    Leave a comment:


  • Overlord475
    replied
    You should run it on a Dino before you FI so you can see what kind of HP / TQ this crazy hodge podge M/S5x (whatever the frik you'd call this motor combo, hahah) makes.

    Leave a comment:

Working...