Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ahriley91
    replied
    Looking good. How are you going to deal with the stock cop with the ms3? You need to have 6 bip373's for them. Or go with the lsx coils. I'm curious.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1mz
    replied
    awesome man, ill have to come check this out this spring

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I've found the gearing is about right for the tracks I drift on. I'm shooting for 450-500whp so it should be enough to spread through the gears.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    I've got my worked 2.93 LSD I plan to keep running.
    Nice, LONG gearing! You'll have a lot of time in boost in each gear!

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I've got my worked 2.93 LSD I plan to keep running.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    Should be a lot fun! :D

    What gearing are you going to run with the G260?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    2 non vanos.
    Check out what I got today!

    TRM's version of the wiseco pistons. Ceramic coated, 8.5:1 CR, and lots of other crap. I'm happy because it has stronger ring lands. YUM!

    Leave a comment:


  • Killacortes
    replied
    when you say dual intake cam setup are you using 2 non vanos intake cams or an intake cam from the s52?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Sooo front suspension gone. Rear suspension disconnected too.





    MS3 came in! Forgot to order the main harness... sigh.


    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    welp im sub'd

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I made 380whp on 15psi with the 2.5. So .7 liters more should put me decent right? *shrugs*. I don't really care much for peak power. I want more down low. Hence the liter bump.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Estimated HP ~ 460 @ basetune?

    Leave a comment:


  • plmichal
    replied
    Oh boy... I'm subscribed.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    started a topic Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

    Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

    So my car started here. non vanos 2.5 liter with a 0.140" MLS. The MLS warped due to cooling issues caused by my ignorance. The head was questionable.



    So then I did this:



    The build:
    I have an S52 bottom end with scored piston walls and damaged pistons. I also have a bare block S52 with rods (no crank for some reason).

    I also have a non vanos head that I've had planed, then ported and polished. I plan to use the non vanos head with the dual intake cam setup to get some nice early spoolage.

    Other goodies:
    MS3X running full sequential everything highjacking as much of the M50 harness as possible. Many of you guys complain about my wiring so I figure stock should appease you all.

    EF7670 Borg Warner turbo. I got a sweet deal so I'm ditching the holset. I'm still running the same 1 bar. Yes I'm low on the efficiency range of the turbo but it plotted out well IMO.

    M20 clutch setup with GR260. The ZF was too short for me even with my 2.93 rear end. So I'm going to get a spec stage 5 clutch with a single mass M20 flywheel (anyone have a flywheel for sale?).

    TL;DR - 3.2 bottom. dual intake cam non vanos ported polished top with MS3X and EFR7670 at ~15psi.


    Also, precision 45mm WG for sale. $400 pre shipping. 10 miles on it (sadly)
Working...