Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • shiboujin
    replied
    You can run any motor without an ICV. not sure if stock ECUs would like it though. Since I'm full standalone, I can do basically anything within reason.

    I already have an exhaust from the last setup. 3 inch SS with 2 magnaflow mufflers and a hi flow cat. Pretty much straight back. It's enough that you can hold a convo around the car at idle.

    Leave a comment:


  • SwiftE30
    replied
    nice work! I'm diggin the purple. DOnt know how much it goes with the blue though. haha

    I didnt know you could run these without the ICV.

    definitely gettin there man. Nice work.

    What exhaust set up are you planning on running?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    So big steps forward today! I got the wiring harness in. It's still about 80% done but enough that I wanted to get it into the car. I'm waiting on an IAT and pigtail and I need to wire the spark box in, but otherwise I'm doing damn good. I got the M3 cover on. I had to trim things down for the intake manifold and some for the wiring where it goes into the cabin through the old AC line input. Anyone know a better way to mount this against the firewall?

    Anywho, the big thing is that I got the car to crank over (3 revolutions since I still have no oil in it) and I got the megasquirt to connect to the laptop and to the car. I tested the few that you can without the car cranking/running. Basically, this means my relays (minus the O2 and coil relays) work! The fuel pump even kicked on and primed.

    Harness cover on



    cover off. Don't mind the battery tray wiring. That's the part I still have to finish up.



    Stuff left to do:
    Turbo coolant lines
    Turbo drain/feed
    exhaust fab
    rear rotors
    fluids
    bleed EVERYTHING
    start it?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    There's an intake pipe on the turbo (before the turbo). By logic, it will ALWAYS be in vacuum as long as the engine is running. So I just have the hose linking there.

    I don't run an ICV. I just run a slightly higher idle than normal.

    Leave a comment:


  • SwiftE30
    replied
    thats crazy man! Can't be killin tires like that.

    how pre turbo? on obd1 that is supposed to just circ back into the intake book and ICV connection. where are you planning on plumbing it to?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    On the ground it has like -9 degrees. I'm going to set the plates to max positive camber. I killed a set of front tires in like 6 months of off and on track driving.

    The valve cover hose is an adapted 10AN fitting that will be plumbed pre turbo. I've had issues with oil return issues, this fixed it. I don't like the exhaust method.

    Leave a comment:


  • SwiftE30
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    def didn't feel any hate :) <3 u!
    haha aight man. Really lookin forward to how this badboy looks when its sittin on the ground. That rear camber is going to be awesome!

    whats up with that valve cover hose?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    def didn't feel any hate :) <3 u!

    Leave a comment:


  • SwiftE30
    replied
    [QUOTE=shiboujin;2976784]I paid a crap load of money for this turbo. If they put coolant lines on it, I'm gonna run it. Worst case, my turbo runs cooler. I see no down sides other than some extra lines in my bay.

    Makes sense. I wasnt hatin or anything, just curious. I might have to consider running some cooling lines myself now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ian Bowers
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    I am sir. I had a spare set of trailing arms, cut off the mounting tabs. and welded them on my good ones. Never got the bugs fully out of the system before the last motor went.
    Originally posted by shiboujin
    I do in some thread somewhere....
    I see. I'm doing the same thing for my E30. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    I do in some thread somewhere....

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    dual caliper setup is awesome. do you have pics of the mounting used to make it work?

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Got too much left to do in the day so I had to quit early.


    Decided to make the red seat the passenger's seat. It's 11 years old but has a much stiffer fixed mount. I figure it's safer for the passengers as my slider for the driver's side isn't considered as safe.


    Of course I found the caliper bolts before the new ones arrive.


    Found the clutch lines. put in brand new clutch masters and slaves. Then found out this thing leaked. It rubbed against the return spring of the clutch pedal and wore through. Removed that dumb spring.


    Stupid clutch lines are really really hard to get to. My glove turned red.


    Put back on the hydro lines and calipers. Still waiting on the rotors. Thankfully the rear is done.


    For anyone who wanted to see the bird eater fix.



    Measured camber. About -5 degrees lol. And the car is in the air.
    Last edited by shiboujin; 01-30-2012, 05:40 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Originally posted by SwiftE30
    great effin build man. Subscribed for sure. One question though, from what i have read, with the size of engine bay the e30's have, heat soaking shouldnt be an issue, so why are you set on water cooling your turbo?

    i only ask because i am starting my turbo build now on my s52 e30 and planned on going w/o water cooling.
    I paid a crap load of money for this turbo. If they put coolant lines on it, I'm gonna run it. Worst case, my turbo runs cooler. I see no down sides other than some extra lines in my bay.

    Originally posted by Ian Bowers
    Yoshi,

    Was it you who was running dual-stock rear calipers for a hydro e-brake setup?

    Going crazy, I know I've seen someone do it.
    I am sir. I had a spare set of trailing arms, cut off the mounting tabs. and welded them on my good ones. Never got the bugs fully out of the system before the last motor went.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ian Bowers
    replied
    Yoshi,

    Was it you who was running dual-stock rear calipers for a hydro e-brake setup?

    Going crazy, I know I've seen someone do it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...