Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nando
    replied
    No coil drivers - LS2 coils. they're just a 0-5v on/off signal. extremely powerful, durable (built in overdwell protection), simple, and cheap. :)

    but yes, you'd wire them like you would normally.

    I've meant to do an NV chart, I just haven't gotten to it. there's still probably useful information in there for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Aw. mine is NV. I think. Yea NV.

    Also, how did you wire your coil drivers? External driver box? 330ohm resistors I'm assuming?
    Last edited by shiboujin; 03-21-2011, 07:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Yeah unless you have an NV harness, it's a little different.

    using the A/C hole is a pretty good idea. I fit mine through the stock hole, but just barely. Hmm, maybe I'll move it when I extend the wires..

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Should be the same right? got a link to it?

    I have 2 decent length starter harnesses from DIYAutotune.com so the length different shouldn't be that big of a deal for me. Although I am using the AC hole to push the DB37s through since I don't want to cut open the stock ECU hole.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    that's exactly what I did

    the biggest issue is the E34 harness is about 6" too short. be sure you extend it a bit. you can make it work but it totally sucks, I'm going to have to pull mine out and extend it later. already have the extension built, just need the time.

    my MS3/E34 harness chart is based off the Vanos motor if that's of any use to you

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    The goal is not to :) The problem with the last one was lack of knowledge and foresight. I've done about 6 or 7 MS installs on other people's cars since my original car and I've gotten pretty good at it.

    I'm using the E30 M3 harness cover and harness holder to keep everything tidy from an outside perspective. I started with an E34 harness, cut off the DME plug and started yanking wires I don't need. I'm hunting around today for wiring diagrams for the E34 so I can keep wire colors similar. IE I'm adapting the intake temp sensor plug for the MS but I'm just going to cut off the stock IAT plug and wire this one in. That way, the wiring diagram from an E34 is relevant to me permanently.

    I'm also trying to find a good way to adapt all my wiring for gauges so they can run parallel to the wiring instead of around it.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Rats nest V2.0? ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    already got one shipped. Thanks tho!

    Started wiring last night. lulz

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Nice project! I have a single mass M20 flywheel for you. PM me.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    which boy?

    the sequential spark just extends the life of the coils and drivers. I doubt there is any other advantage.

    Leave a comment:


  • yosh
    replied
    dude i sold your boy a single mass M20 flywheel, grab that one if he didnt use it?

    any benefit of running sequential instead of wasted spark? other than maybe keeping the temps of the bip373s down because they fire half as many times?

    Leave a comment:


  • ahriley91
    replied
    M50 would be the one that I would need! Following this build.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    yes, running since october.

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Originally posted by ahriley91
    That would be greatly appreciated. :D
    As well as base maps...haha. Wishful thinking.
    I can post the base map from my m50b25. I'll post my S52 map when I'm done but it won't help most people.

    Originally posted by nando
    where's the rats nest wiring harness? :p

    lmk if you have MS3 q's. Man, I would have gone with the vanos head though, especially with MS3..
    you actually got it working? awesome!

    Rats nest is gone. I'm using 2 starter harnesses and an E34 harness to start. I'm hopefully planning for everything from the start meow.

    Leave a comment:


  • QUKBMER
    replied
    Sounds like a bitchin build.

    Leave a comment:

Working...