where's the rats nest wiring harness? :p
lmk if you have MS3 q's. Man, I would have gone with the vanos head though, especially with MS3..
Yoshi's build thread S52 on 1 bar... kinda
Collapse
X
-
That would be greatly appreciated. :D
As well as base maps...haha. Wishful thinking.Leave a comment:
-
Ok ok. We are splitting hairs at this point >_< I didn't want this thread to turn into MS fun town. I can start another thread just for my MS3 build if people want. I'm due to start wiring whenever I finish with the temp track E30.Leave a comment:
-
But they don't have an insulated case so you do need to use a mica insulator if on a common heat sink
Actually they stopped using them because the vb921s are NLA ;)Leave a comment:
-
yes. That's why they stopped using the vb291s. BIP373s shut down when they overheat instead of exploding. To my knowledge, no one has killed a BIP373Leave a comment:
-
-
bip373s are direct drop ins for the vb291s. Still need the resistors.Leave a comment:
-
I've heard that you do not need to run the 6 330ohm resistors with the bip373's.Leave a comment:
-
The circuit DIY gave me was the 330 ohm one. It should be the same as the MS1. Only difference is that I'm running them sequentially. IE 6 wires in, 6 wires out. That's it.
I'm running a worked non vanos head. MS1 can do vanos as a nos output. MS3 can do full VVT but I'm unsure of specifics.Leave a comment:
-
You can control the vanos with the expansion for MS3. It has an output for variable valve timing. Which is simple for the m50, m52, s50, and s52 because the vanos is just an on and off type, black and white. But the m52tu and engines after that have double vanos and are variable.Leave a comment:
-
Forgive my ignorance, but are you controlling vanos with the MS3? Or can you use a non-vanos head on the S52 block?Leave a comment:
-
So are they inline from the coil itself to the msx? And I've heard that with the MS3 and MS3x that you do not need the 330ohm resistors.Leave a comment:
-
I just have to wire a separate breakout box with the bip373s and some 330ohm resistors. It shouldn't be so bad. I did it with my MS1. Except this time it'll be firing them sequentially.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: