87' Delphin 325is LS1: Went to Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dammn, looking good, clean motor build.

plans for a full exh mani or stock manifolds with up pipes?

Comment

Revshift mani
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
      LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
      Build Thread
      1993 alpine 2 325IC
      •Ground control coilovers•16" BBS RS• momo woodgrain

Comment

daym! +1

Comment

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1987 Delphin 325IS
          LS1•TSP 228r• condor speed shop solid subframe, diff, fcab, mounts•Airlift air ride suspension•e36 ps rack•Eibach sways•16" Spal puller•bbk 310mm front & rear•17" BBS RS•
          Build Thread
          1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Originally posted by mdlimy View Post
            dammn, looking good, clean motor build.

plans for a full exh mani or stock manifolds with up pipes?
            thats actually a great question..u said revshift but they have a few different types. The cheapest is using the stock manifolds...obx also offers one like this.

then theres the one that gets rid of all the stock manifold, the $749 one which reminds me of one on amazon for 279..if i could hand fab a manifold it would probably be like this.

and THEN revshift has a twin scroll manifold, $1099 for that. what makes a twin scroll manifold/turbo set up so much better?

Im going to be building up my turbo this winter so i am very interested in all these turbo builds popping up.
            Project looks good 2. I need to learn how to take my motor apart!lol
            Last edited by ROLLingKING; 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM.
            m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
            build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

Going with the tubular 6-1 single wastegate. What housing to run hmmm

1987 Delphin 325IS
              Build Thread
              1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

sweet build.. defiantly make a sleeper e30. Where do you plan on getting the other parts for the turbo? ive herd good things about IE's kit

Comment

All I need is the manifold, downpipe, intercooler and piping, and oil pressure gauge. Next month or so

1987 Delphin 325IS
                  Build Thread
                  1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Originally posted by Rc 415 View Post
                    Revshift mani
                    +1

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                    thats actually a great question..u said revshift but they have a few different types. The cheapest is using the stock manifolds...obx also offers one like this.

then theres the one that gets rid of all the stock manifold, the $749 one which reminds me of one on amazon for 279..if i could hand fab a manifold it would probably be like this.

and THEN revshift has a twin scroll manifold, $1099 for that. what makes a twin scroll manifold/turbo set up so much better?

Im going to be building up my turbo this winter so i am very interested in all these turbo builds popping up.
                    Project looks good 2. I need to learn how to take my motor apart!lol
                    Since your turbo has a divided entry a twin scroll manifold is divided as well. 3 cylinders into one bank and 3 cylinders into another bank. It splits the exhaust pulses (hence the name "split pulse manifold") and improves your spool time immensely. A proper twinscroll manifold/ turbo setup will give you spools under 2500 rpm all day.

I'd really recommend a high quality manifold. the one that is forsale on amazon is the same as the ebay ones and are made from thin wall steel that is prone to cracking after several hundred heat cycles. I've also read a few people saying that they needed to drill out some of the bolt holes to make it fit.

Personally i think the revshift twin scroll adapter is the cats pajamas because it's cheap and still provides you with the split pulse entry. but nothing beats a full scale twin scroll manifold with two 44mm wastegates

Nice ass build so far though man, this thing is gonna haul ass!
                    Enter the Internet!

Comment

It's in and it's alive!

List of things done during this swap:
                      2.7l stroker with metric mechanic head
                      5 speed getrag 260 swap from auto
                      89' wiring harness
                      Megasquirt PnP setup
                      E36 m3 steering rack swap
                      Eibach sway bar installed
                      Custom hose routing with late model coolant tank
                      More I can't remember

1987 Delphin 325IS
                      Build Thread
                      1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

I decided there's too much silver in my engine bay!

1987 Delphin 325IS
                        Build Thread
                        1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

where did u have the block resurfaced and all that. i need to ship mine out while I have surgery. and did u send your intake manifold also? it looks like u can eat some cheese cake off it!haha (im enjoying some right now)

I cant wait to turbo my m20. u have raised the bar my friend. lets see a video of it

Comment

Originally posted by e30-RTN View Post
                            +1

Since your turbo has a divided entry a twin scroll manifold is divided as well. 3 cylinders into one bank and 3 cylinders into another bank. It splits the exhaust pulses (hence the name "split pulse manifold") and improves your spool time immensely. A proper twinscroll manifold/ turbo setup will give you spools under 2500 rpm all day.

I'd really recommend a high quality manifold. the one that is forsale on amazon is the same as the ebay ones and are made from thin wall steel that is prone to cracking after several hundred heat cycles. I've also read a few people saying that they needed to drill out some of the bolt holes to make it fit.

Personally i think the revshift twin scroll adapter is the cats pajamas because it's cheap and still provides you with the split pulse entry. but nothing beats a full scale twin scroll manifold with two 44mm wastegates

Nice ass build so far though man, this thing is gonna haul ass!
                            thanks for sharing man! I no longer plan to cheap out on the manifold. ive been reading and i need something better for sure. ill look into revshift again

Comment

Very nice build sir. The only thing i would have done differently would be to tap the block for the oil drain while everything was apart.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I had the block done at a local engine shop I'll try and find the name. I'm still working on dialing in the n/a tune and fabbing the 3"exhaust, then I'll put the turbo on. I was really considering tapping the block but it would have been my first time attempting and I didn't want to damage the most important part so I opted for the pan instead, seems to work okay. Thanks guys!

1987 Delphin 325IS
                                Build Thread
                                1993 alpine 2 325IC

Comment

Working...
                                X