No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

made brackets for the intercooler and removed turbo to spin center housing, but After an hour of trying I gave up and then noticed that the turbo has some shaft play and will be rebuilt.Also relocated spark plug wires to clear turbo better. Any tips on how to rebuild the turbo/spin center housing?

7speedshop.com

Comment

If you do rev it in park or neutral, stop it right now lol. Even with the new seal, the forward clutch pack can still become slightly pressurized (especially after it gets hot) and wear the friction coating off.

How much shaft play are you getting? is it in and out or side to side?

Comment

That is an excellent looking WRX in the first post! (not usually a fan)

I am certainly excited to see the finished product and see how your experience is with tuning a WAR chip with a turbo.

The automatic is no big deal. I am actually quite impressed that it has put up with my abuse. With 196k miles on it and constant full throttle shifts at high rpm I expected it to be toast a long time ago. It still chirps going into 2nd @ around 47 mph with good tires on it which means the clutches are still healthy. I would actually prefer an automatic with a shift kit and a ratchet or paddle shifters if a setup like that existed. That would be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
          If you do rev it in park or neutral, stop it right now lol. Even with the new seal, the forward clutch pack can still become slightly pressurized (especially after it gets hot) and wear the friction coating off.

How much shaft play are you getting? is it in and out or side to side?
          No in and out play but its now enough side to side play for the blades to touch the housing:( not sure how it grew shaft play for me trying to take it apart. I already ordered the rebuild kit and a turbosmart wastegate.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
            That is an excellent looking WRX in the first post! (not usually a fan)

I am certainly excited to see the finished product and see how your experience is with tuning a WAR chip with a turbo.

The automatic is no big deal. I am actually quite impressed that it has put up with my abuse. With 196k miles on it and constant full throttle shifts at high rpm I expected it to be toast a long time ago. It still chirps going into 2nd @ around 47 mph with good tires on it which means the clutches are still healthy. I would actually prefer an automatic with a shift kit and a ratchet or paddle shifters if a setup like that existed. That would be a lot of fun.
            thanks, my subaru kind of a has a dtm flare to it. I even have an E30 M3 inspired gurney flap.

7speedshop.com

Comment

finally got my turbo apart, will rebuild it tomorrow.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Did you mark the fan blade to where it sits in relation to the shaft? If not, your going to have to re-balance it again.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                  Did you mark the fan blade to where it sits in relation to the shaft? If not, your going to have to re-balance it again.
                  yup.

7speedshop.com

Comment

g pop shop most likely has a rebuild kit for that turbo if you dont have one already.

nice progress

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

To KA: I'm not sure how much play you had from the turbo but if you don't have oil in em for a while they develop slight play from lack of lubrication. Hey it probably needed a rebuild anyway. I Like the fact your leaving it auto. Your taking some of the harassment off me! ? where did you get your shift kit from? Thanks

Comment

I already have my rebuild kit, the turbo was probably fine, but while I have it out I might as well rebuild it, its from a 1992 I believe so who knows how many miles are on it.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Let me know how that rebuild goes. I just ordered a kit for my Hx35 yesterday. Also I may be going miller in the near future. Good progress!
                          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Turbo is done being rebuilt should be installed tomorrow.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Good job so far
                              EG Hatch- ITR Powered, 4 door Gs-R-stock, 89' 325i

Comment

hey buddy,

i was wondering if you could post some pictures up of your car that showcase the rallyarmour mudflaps? there's only one decent one that i can find. anything you can share would be highlyyyy appreciated. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X