X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Sweet, Im at a bit of a crossroads myself. I need to get new struts soon and already know Im getting the Konis, but Im thinking of making the crossover to coilovers as I think Ive taken these IE3s as far as they can go
    I'd just hop over to coilovers. Doubt you'll regret it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Sweet, Im at a bit of a crossroads myself. I need to get new struts soon and already know Im getting the Konis, but Im thinking of making the crossover to coilovers as I think Ive taken these IE3s as far as they can go

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    looks good Craig (its Craig, yes?)

did you source everything separate?
    Thanks! Yes, it's Craig.

Pretty much. I got the strut housings, camber plates, and springs a long time ago from a friend. I got the sleeves and adjusters nuts from ebay. Shocks new. Struts from a fellow r3ver.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    looks good Craig (its Craig, yes?)

did you source everything separate?

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Finally got the collar nuts so I was able to cut the sleeves and spacers to the right length and assemble everything for the front suspension. It was a pain in the ass getting the length of the sleeves right I had to keep shaving them down.

Before shaving

Done

I've been waiting years to see this. I've had the springs and strut housings for about 4 years!

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus View Post
    sure, e36 tabs will work fine, but AKG ones at $15 and you don't lose a pair of strut housings..

good idea on threading the end links.
    The struts were blown to smithereens. I had them laying around still from my e36 m3 which had gc coilovers. Figured I might as well hack them up.

Thanks, I'm just waiting on someone to make me coupler nuts. We chose an odd thread, but the correct thread for the diameter. So a fabricator is making me a coupler out of hex stock.

Leave a comment:

• kronus
    replied
    sure, e36 tabs will work fine, but AKG ones at $15 and you don't lose a pair of strut housings..

good idea on threading the end links.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    More parts rolling in. Got poly rear trailing arm bushings from Ireland engineering.

I also cut the other swaybar endlink bracket off the e36 m3 strut. I cut the right one off differently and it came off in better shape, but they are both good enough to weld on.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Cut the e36 m3 endlinks in half and threaded them. Just need a coupling and jam nuts now

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Seems like it should work? Not correct orientation, just testing.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Okay gang, so I have e36 m3 struts laying around with swaybar endlinks. Shouldn't I be able to cut that mounting bracket off and weld it into my strut housing and run the e36 m3 endlinks?

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    Stock nuts worked fine with my Koni SAs
    Okay, I have to get my hands on some stock nuts them.

Have poly rtabs and posi lock toe and camber correction kit from Ireland engineering on the way.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Stock nuts worked fine with my Koni SAs

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    So I need stock e30 strut collar nuts? Silly me didn't realize I have bilstein HDs from PO in now so the strut nuts I have won't work with Konis.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    I also have the 1198 Sport, paired with the Ground Control raised mounts in the back and IE3 springs (550#). I love the setup. I still need to go back through the front as the Bilsteins feel tired. Im probably doing the iX up front too.
    Sweet! Ix or g60 up front seem like the way to go. I chose g60 because I got a good deal on them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X