Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touring M52B28 (another one from Ireland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped some clips down to Marty yesterday and collected a panel with 4 colours I was looking at painted on it.

Some pics of the panel next to a Mauritius blue wing:

I darkened the area with the brand/paint colour just to give them all a fair chance, colours may or may not be a bmw shade :D

Comment

Couple more:

Very hard to capture the colours properly. The 2nd from the bottom is nearly purple depending on lighting and the angle you look at it from.

Comment

Small update... Over the last few weeks I've slowly been treating some of the heatshields and petrol tank for rust and getting them painted up. Apart from the big long heatshield and the tank everything is new.

The tank has 3x coats of paint under two coats of BMW stonechip which came out very matt looking so it got another quick coat of satin. The BMW stone chip is more of a heavy rubbery paint that stone chip though, it's not very thick but should help prevent stonechips.

I also gave these a coat of stonechip and sating paint since they are under the car and in the wheel well.

Comment

Small update, work has begun on the engine bay and it's got it's first coat of primers.

Stud for new earth, will have one on the other side also.

Battery tray trimmed back a little. Will have an M3 expansion tank fitted there along with the M3 plastic panel to hide any wires.

Front panel needs a little bit of work and one or two holes drilling around the bay.
          Last edited by Jozi; 07-25-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Fixed last set of pics... photobucket ran out of bandwidth...

Comment

Another piece of the puzzle arrive yesterday from Holland:

I'll now be able to close the boot compartment when there's a battery in there, the difference is quite obvious (ignore the blurry cat).

Comment

Spent a couple hours everyday this week cleaning my interior. Pretty happy with how it all came out. There's some light staining on the boot carpet which hopefully won't be visible once I've it all dye'd, likewise with the floor mats.

Another pic for good measure, so comfy to sit in!

Carpet not cleaned yet, I just attacked some stains today, will do the rest tomorrow.

Comment

Everytime i see e30 recaros I get jelly :|

Nice work so far. Slowly but surely :)
                  Current:
                  1989 325i
                  1988 M3
                  1987 325ic
                  Past:
                  2001 330ci
                  2001 M3

Comment

Slow doesn't even begin to describe it :(

Their such awesome seats! I'll never sell them!

Comment

This was my carpet today around lunch time, all nice and clean and stuff

And after about 90mins, quite a bit of sweat and nearly 1L of dye it all looks like this now:

The above were stitched together as a panorama and not quite in focus but you get the idea

For comparison:

I reckon it needs at least another coat maybe even 2 more. I'm out of dye though so it's going to have to wait till more arrives.

Comment

The makings of another mint vert, I cannot wait to get my car painted after seeing all the awesome work in here.
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

this build is nuts. huge amounts of man hours going in. props op

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I need to redo my carpet. Thanks for the reminder OP, and sick build!

Comment

Thanks guys, hopefully not long now before I get it back from the painter

Comment

I was down with Marty today, things are starting to come together. The front panel is removable and the insides of the doors have been painted blue.

Couldn't resist doing a quick pano while I was there

Some random pics of 2 doors

Front end is removable and bay is also ready

It's all bolted down with welded on nuts

The box section capped off, same done to the upper part

I forgot to take a pic with the panel of so here's a crappy phone pic

Marty hopes to paint the rest this weekend or soon after :D

Comment

Working...
                                X