Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• badermatic
    replied
    OMG! Congratulations! Looks and sounds awesome!
    My TR-82 runs but I have yet to put it in gear. Still having issues with the brakes.

This thing licensed yet??

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuUuSTMfeFc watch in HD. Turn up the sound!

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    Come by next time you're in town!
    I'm in town permanently now! (See location) ;) so I will definitely take you up on that sometime soon!! Thanks Jeff!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    :nice:
    Definitely a neck-breaker on the road :D
    Come by next time you're in town!

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    My dad and I both wore full face helmets on the way home, lol. Wind is just like a motorcycle. No windshield and no fenders = rocks in teeth.
    :nice:
    Definitely a neck-breaker on the road :D

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Soooo awesome!!!

Don't know if this has been asked but how is the wind when driving? Have to wear goggles or anything? Lol
    My dad and I both wore full face helmets on the way home, lol. Wind is just like a motorcycle. No windshield and no fenders = rocks in teeth.

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    Just drove 15+ miles home. Didn't get pulled over but the look on everyone's faces is priceless. Thing is a blast to drive. Will have pics and maybe a video later.
    Soooo awesome!!!

Don't know if this has been asked but how is the wind when driving? Have to wear goggles or anything? Lol

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Just drove 15+ miles home. Didn't get pulled over but the look on everyone's faces is priceless. Thing is a blast to drive. Will have pics and maybe a video later.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    UPDATE

Well guys, we got our SB-100 number today. :p:p:p:p

Leave a comment:

• IronFreak
    replied
    I'm torn on the headlights.......makes the thing look sleepy....haha

Leave a comment:

• E30_Pare
    replied

if batman and robin arent mobbing around in this thing when its finished i'll be much dissapoint.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    This thing is amazing I am speachless

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    yummay

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Wow, haven't updated this in a long time. Fenders are all done, primed and ready for paint. All the brackets have been welded up and fit pretty nicely. I don't have any pictures however :(

We also got the interior 99% done. Carpet is all sewn up and what not, covers made for e-brake console, etc. I 'm slacking on the pictures, but here's a couple.

Passenger side

Also made a foot rest for the passenger side

We are getting it aligned/tuned very soon (within 2 weeks) so stay posted!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Finally got some more work done on the car. It's been very busy at work and we haven't had much play-time. Here's the updates on the fenders

All 4 fenders molded up and rough cut. Awaiting body work.

Body work update. Used filler made for the fiberglass body...I forget what it's called but it's from fiberglast. Quality stuff; easy to work with, flexible, and lightweight.

Body worked all 4 fenders and primered them. We got a boner for wrapping the fenders in vinyl. So we ordered up some 3M vinyl wrap and wrapped a fender. It went pretty smoothly but we realized that we won't be able to cleanly wrap the rest of the body... So we scrapped the vinyl idea and were going back to paint now.

All 4 brackets for the fenders are almost done. They are height adjustable (slotted at the base where they bolt in) and sideways adjustable as well. The brackets will slide into a glassed-in tube on the underside of the fender.

The two tubes that are going to be glassed in on the underside of the fender will also be welded together via two 1/8" bars. This will help strengthen the overall fender and keep the tubes from wanting to slide out.

That's it for now!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X