Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    Not really. Without spending over $1k on custom made fenders this was our only option. We tried aluminum first but it just wasn't working out. Even built an English wheel for it!
    Oh dang, sucks that there wasn't an easier option. You will always know a little about fiberglass for the rest of your days though! You don't learn by buying stuff...

Should paint tire treads on the fenders to confuse people...

Leave a comment:

• Lake
    replied
    Wow this just screams awesome!

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Jaywood at it again.

FINALLY. <3

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    There aren't some sort of semi or trailer fenders that fit? Either way nice work! Should look killer tight to the tire!
    Not really. Without spending over $1k on custom made fenders this was our only option. We tried aluminum first but it just wasn't working out. Even built an English wheel for it!

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    There aren't some sort of semi or trailer fenders that fit? Either way nice work! Should look killer tight to the tire!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Oh man, you're making me work now. I'm changing my background.

On a more serious note, I don't have my laptop on hand, but if I remember tomorrow I will do it. It isn't the best quality since it wasn't the correct size or high res, but It's the thought that counts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lol, no worries man. If you can that'd be great, but don't worry about it.

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Oh man, you're making me work now. I'm changing my background.

On a more serious note, I don't have my laptop on hand, but if I remember tomorrow I will do it. It isn't the best quality since it wasn't the correct size or high res, but It's the thought that counts.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
    Your car is still my laptop background

Could you post up a snapshot of your entire screen? Would love to see it.

<3

Leave a comment:

• mbonanni
    replied
    Your car is still my laptop background

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    I have been seriously lacking on the updates lately. That's because we haven't had many :( We drove it around on the street and the amount of rocks it threw up was insane. So fenders are a must. We decided to build them out of fiberglass.

First we made a 1/4" molded foam "spacer" so that the fender was 1/4" all around bigger than the tire.

Then we taped up the foam and applied mold release. Fiberglass & resin was next.

We bent up some 1/2" steel rod on the Harbor Freight pipe bender for the fender brackets. It was out first time using it and it worked out pretty well!

We popped off the fender, cut it to rough shape, and fit it up.

Overall, it worked pretty well. It is very time consuming but this is our first time working with fiberglass on this car so hopefully it'll go faster as we get more experienced.

Leave a comment:

• Hybrid For Life
    replied
    interesting

Leave a comment:

• E30NJ
    replied
    Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• gotaloveRWD
    replied
    im hoping you've gotten the coolant issue solved and i love the fact your doing air/ liquid intercooler!
    hope to see some videos of your finished and tuned product soon!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by golde30 View Post
    when it comes to subaru motors, always go OEM. for some reason aftermarket parts for subaru always fail. i have had to redo Tstat and water pump on a WRX 3x due to leaks.
    Thanks for the feedback. We haven't had much good luck w/ aftermarket stuff so far, so I can see where you're coming from.

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Very true. I'm glad to help if you ever need it!
    Thanks man! Hope those acrylic circles work out well for ya!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    That was the goal. Because we are only running one map we see no need for the cobb AP.
    Very true. I'm glad to help if you ever need it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X