Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took apart the shift linkage and clutch linkage and powder coated all of the brackets/pieces. Satin black. Turned out great!

Fresh with powder

In the oven (5 mins)

Out of the oven (15-20 mins)

Comment

Remounted everything and got new hardware. Stainless and nylocs all around. Also snapped a few more pics of the shifter in the cab. You can see the linkage.

Here's inside the cab. Shifter is a steel rod I put some set screws in. I'll be lathing one out of some delrin soon. You can see the shift linkage coming from underneath. Don't hate on the alu welding...still learning!!

Here's the dash...pretty sweet unit.

We are talking to our tuner and seeing what he recommends/prefers for the rest of the turbo setup.

Comment

Oh mah gahhhhhhh

Comment

it looks so nice.

Comment

Thanks guys!

We need headlights. Suggestions? What should we run? Needs a high/low!

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
              Thanks guys!

We need headlights. Suggestions? What should we run? Needs a high/low!
              E30 Euro Smileys duh! Would look pretty sweet I think if you put them at an angle on each side set back from eachother
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                E30 Euro Smileys duh! Would look pretty sweet I think if you put them at an angle on each side set back from eachother
                Good idea...I have thought about that pretty heavily. The only problem is having four big round lights will look out of place. Trying to have a single headlight per side with a high/low. These are looking promising. They have a high/low and a daytime running light.

We also ordered front blinkers/mirrors. Smoked. Should be cool.

Comment

Thinking some 7" e codes with H4 bulbs
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Bump for turbo suggestions

Comment

holset

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                        Bump for turbo suggestions

look into the BorgWarner Airwerks series. they're journal bearing and oil cooled only but have some trick compressor and turbine wheel technology. from what i've read they exceed expectations and are fantastically priced.

Comment

Cool build!

I'd go with one of these LED headlights:

I was wondering why choose such big clunky wheels & ones that require adapters? The atom has itty bitty wheels/tires to keep everything light and responsive. Gigantic 18's will feel slow! Why not buy wheels that fit the hubs correctly?
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            I was wondering why choose such big clunky wheels & ones that require adapters? The atom has itty bitty wheels/tires to keep everything light and responsive. Gigantic 18's will feel slow! Why not buy wheels that fit the hubs correctly?
                            I was curious about this as well. They look damn good but isn't there a better option for such a performance oriented vehicle?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Cool build!

I'd go with one of these LED headlights:

The bolt pattern that came with the car has very poor aftermarket wheel selection. We decided on getting wide 18"s because we got these in a group buy for a great price. Plus, the skinny wheels on the Atom just look kinda

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                              I was curious about this as well. They look damn good but isn't there a better option for such a performance oriented vehicle?

Comment

Maybe later on down the road you can get a company like Rotiform to make you a set of custom forged racing wheels. They can make any bolt pattern, offset, and size. Its pricy but they are beautiful and will fit the car perfectly.

Fifteen52 also makes wheels to custom sizes and their wheels look a bit more business like and less show car like.
                                sigpic
                                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
                                X