No announcement yet.

325is, Track Ready, Street Drivable, Show Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great work. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    17 Range Rover Sport SVR
    14 Q5 TDI S-Line
    ...on the hunt for another E30.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      Love that bay!

I will definitely be stealing this idea from you, at least on the passenger side. Looks sososososo good, just wish my clutch pedal/ mc assembly wasn't right in the way on the driverside.
      It doesnt get in the way. there is still enough room. and when I replumb my brakes Im drilling through the firewall to behind that plate and feeding it through the factory whole in the wheel well. also my abs pump is getting relocated to under the dash on top of the trans tunnel where the ac unit used to be

Comment

Great thread, Subscribed. Also when you welded in the sunroof filler did the roof warp from the heat of the welding or does it look pretty good?

Comment

Originally posted by 303e30 View Post
          Great thread, Subscribed. Also when you welded in the sunroof filler did the roof warp from the heat of the welding or does it look pretty good?
          I was an idiot and didnt stitch weld like I knew I should have so I did warp the roof, im in the proscess of doing a full skin replacement, I think the best bet would be to find a junk yard 318 slick top and do a skin swap. or stitch weld it SLOWLY

Comment

Stitch weld it slowly with a friend blowing compressed air on the weld right afterwards. it wont warp that way.

•• Powersteering Deletes • M20 Motor & Trans Mounts • 24V swap mounts • UHMW Offset CABs ••
            •• Rear Subframe Bushings • RTABs • Facebook ••

Comment

Originally posted by Perry Wilson View Post
              here is a small update all the body work on the bay is done. and first coat of primer is laid. Now I just have to go back and hit down any high spots and edges I missed. also I swapped my 88 diving boards plus 100$ to someone I knew for an entire conversion of OE 89+ plastic bumpers. I know I said I was going to keep the DB's but they car isnt staying black anymore. and I dont think the db look good on the color im going Calypso

Damn I love that bay... look awesome wow!
              Denny

Blogs:
              http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
              http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
              http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

thanks man, im just finishing a few things, filling a few pin holes and bringing down edges, then its time to lay some paint

Comment

thanks man, im just finishing a few things, filling a few pin holes and bringing down edges, then its time to lay some paint

I see your a good welder...what do you think about the removable rad support that some do? thinking about doing it...seen some do it and it just seems like a engine swap/maintenance would be so much easier and so worth it...
                  Denny

Blogs:
                  http://bmw325e30.blogspot.com/ (restoration)
                  http://bmw325e30turbo.blogspot.com (Twincharge M20)
                  http://bmw325e30m62b44.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                    I see your a good welder...what do you think about the removable rad support that some do? thinking about doing it...seen some do it and it just seems like a engine swap/maintenance would be so much easier and so worth it...
                    didnt really care to do it. Im fine with the way it is. I didnt even fill any of the holes because it all gets covered by the rad.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                      Stitch weld it slowly with a friend blowing compressed air on the weld right afterwards. it wont warp that way.
                      yeah I knew to do that, but for some reason I didnt, I just ran a bead all the way down. it warped pretty bad, but I heated and shrank it to bring it back, but I think im still gonna skin it. I have even thought of doing a vw sliding ragtop style roof

Comment

I have even thought of doing a vw sliding ragtop style roof
                        If you do that, you may have to follow rules for an open-top car. I know it's dumb, but they don't always make sense. A miata without a hardtop has to have a roll bar for most HPDE groups, but with a fiberglass hardtop, it doesn't.
                        1991 318i SOLD
                        2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

well I planned on caging the car anyways so thats fine. I just always like the accordian tops.

Comment

I was an idiot and didnt stitch weld like I knew I should have so I did warp the roof, im in the proscess of doing a full skin replacement, I think the best bet would be to find a junk yard 318 slick top and do a skin swap. or stitch weld it SLOWLY
                            Tig welder......best investment EVER.
                            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

dont have the extra money or enough projects to constitiute a tig welder.

anyways for anyone that cares to know. It seems the S50 is out if all goes well this weekend with the sale. Decided that if im going to build my dream car then im going to do it all the way. E30 is my favorite car body ever made, but bmw doesnt make my favorite engine. Forthat I have to look further east. No details for now, but its going to shit on everything.

Comment

great work so far. sub'ed
                                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X