No announcement yet.

My Grandfather's Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a giant green shoe box. But a very cool looking giant green shoe box lol!
    sigpic

Comment

Nice Scout, seen some real nice ones in CO. wheeling, myself, I had a 76 Land Cruiser, with 32's and a plow on it, would go through anything, now I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon, fun but nothing near a CJ 5/7 or a uauz, Russian jeep,
      88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

uh ooh

Time for an upgrade.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

wa happpen?? I woild love to have one of these. I have seen a few here and there on CL, just cant justify the expense right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
            wa happpen??

It was it's time to go i guess, it is 54 years old and being a Dana 27 it is not the toughest rearend ever. I'm on the hunt for beefier axles/brakes although the narrow width of this truck makes that difficult.

It's possible that a mini drift session in one of our pastures may have had a hand in those pinion teeth coming off. maybe.
            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

How wide is it, and how much of an upgrade are you looking for? 5x5.5 bolt pattern? I'd look at an axle out of a CJ5 (or other CJ) . They had Dana 44s. Definitely won't be too wide.

Comment

Got a line on a set of axles from a '70 Scout that i'm going to pick up on wednesday, been sitting 30 years. D44 LSD rear and D30 front. One piece rear axle shafts only came on the last few Scout 800's , pretty stoked to find a set.
                Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I missed the earlier post about broken parts, but if you need anything for a scout in the future my buddy has about 35 of them in various stages of decay or in boxes and piles and piles of spare parts. We just went and picked up a factory diesel traveler 2 weeks ago.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    I missed the earlier post about broken parts, but if you need anything for a scout in the future my buddy has about 35 of them in various stages of decay or in boxes and piles and piles of spare parts. We just went and picked up a factory diesel traveler 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, mrsleeve. Does he have parts for 1960's scouts as well as the scout II's? Are the parts local to you?
                    Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

God I LOVE this thing! It's so cool.....especially with the windscreen flipped down.

Love love love it!
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        Thanks, mrsleeve. Does he have parts for 1960's scouts as well as the scout II's? Are the parts local to you?
                        Lol scout 80's,. 800's, II's, travel all's, travelette's, a diesel traveler, couple pickups, 3 compleate "dolled up" 80's yeah the stockpile is local to me.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

so much awesome!
                          sigpic
                          Who`s attention, and why do I have to pay them?

Comment

Purchases have been made.

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

How wide are they compared to stock?

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                                How wide are they compared to stock?
                                These axles will push each wheel out 1 inch.

My axles (early scout 80) are 56.5 front, 54.5 rear

These axles (late scout 800) are 58.5 front, 56.5 rear

I think i can live with that, plus they bolt on.

However, they are multiplying.

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X