Vert revision KB-AN-SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vert revision KB-AN-SS

So here is the skinny on my e30. Title comes from the manner in which I became the lucky new owner of the car of my dreams. As a kid, I had the pleasure of caring for a neighbors 1989 white auto vert. That is a long story that I will save for another thread. Later in life I bought a 2dr auto that I later found out was in a BAD rear end accident. SOLD and forgotten! Onto my now Zino 5spd vert. I was riding my bike around one day and came across the car at a local yard sale. Long story short, I went back 3-4 times, and two test drives later, behold, I was the proud owner of a 1987, advertised as an 88 5spd vert. At the time I was more nervous, but I felt the deal was to good to pass. 175k, tons of receipts (that I read after the buy), and a good feeling after long talks with the PO, I drove the car home. EVERY thing works, down to the ODO! Progress will likely be slow, but consistent. On to some pics, which include some progress. I work out of my fathers garage, you will see his 65 chevelle in a pic. He has been gracious enough to allow me to store the car in his driveway, so first purchase was an all weather car cover.

Last edited by rcsoundn1; 07-11-2014, 04:33 PM.

Craiglist haul

2nd buy after the volt meter since some PO fubared my antenna

A spot in NJ my grandmother took me to for years....

First cold day in NJ

Comment

Here are some previous projects...

^current DD
      Last edited by rcsoundn1; 05-22-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

So far I did a dash volt meter, antenna delete, oil change with synt oil, clean adj seats, and replace some misc parts that were missing. Did a good interior cleaning, plastidiped the grill, kidneys, and sealed trim. Elips on deck, as well as a clean 2nd half of the console. For me this is a tribute car, and a driver. Plans include to do a full suspension rebuild, vert top, interior, and way down the line, bags. comments suggestions, resources welcome.

Comment

Plymouth Horizon yesss! tell me you did some crazy shit to that turd

Comment

wish I had done dirty shit to that horizon. 1 owner with like 35k on it. Owner died, and wife never looked at it, she died, and the daughter never knew about it until I opened the garage door. Had to sell it to fund other projects. It was a time capsule.
            Last edited by rcsoundn1; 01-16-2015, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I have some plans I am now working on in hopes to keep me moving forward. Working out new top plans as well as others. I will post pics as soon as I know how it will all play out!

Comment

working ot the details this week on new "housing" for the car, as well as a possible parts car. Cross my fingers things go my way. I will post Pics as things play out.

Comment

So a small update, the car is now garaged, which is awesome, and I have done some minor crap, just mostly drive it every chance I get. Right now it is on jack stands :(. BUT it is because I have 5 new tires coming and I will be refurbishing the wheels. I will post proof pics soon. I am considering skinning the drop top cover since it is so bubbled, but here is proof it is garaged!

So right now its on jacks facing the other way, awaiting tires.
                  Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-05-2014, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Todays update, besides it being so dam hot in NJ, I started re-finishing the wheels. Here are a few pics, so far I just did a good cleaning of them with scrub pads and wire brushes. I was suprised how well the 25yr old paint held up to all the scrubbing. On with the pics!

Car on jacks in my garage with various other crap i own.

Before cleaning:

After cleaning:

They look decent in pics, but are in bad shape. Now I need to pick a color......Suggestions?
                    Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-05-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Can't go wrong with almond bcaps :)

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                        Can't go wrong with almond bcaps :)
                        what wing is that?
                        Originally Posted by scaraveos
                        Are saying about welding the head to the block? and if yes how is it seperated if required?

(possibly a stupid post)

Comment

Center caps on deck for clear!

Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-05-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Not my ideal, some orange peal, but I had to clear to sand because there was no clear to start soooo this is a start

Comment

Some pics of the sanding process. 1st is of a curb rash spot:

Next is after some sanding to get rid of the rash:

Now some before sanding wheel pics:

After:

Side by side, left prior, right sanded:
                              Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-05-2014, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X