No announcement yet.

Vert revision KB-AN-SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got back to work on the vert since it was about 50 here in nj. I have not been able to drive it much due to the tail lamp fuse always blowing, and all our fun snow. So I had a hunch that it was the 3rd brake light, and it was, so I deleted it. Swapped trunk lids and I am going to make a bypass for the 3rd light so the brake check light is not always on. For now I still have the 3rd light circuit in the trunk to keep that light off. I also fixed my drivers door check as well. And lastly I added a 2nd trunk light, which keeps blowing the fuse soooo. 1 electrical gremlin down, another to fix. Check the pix!

Last edited by rcsoundn1; 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

While the lid is not perfect, I love the subtle mods most will overlook, and I love ditching that light

Comment

Took it for a ride yesterday in the nice temp before life got insane. Radio is still out and it was just a spin, but MAN I MISS THIS CAR. I cant wait until I am in the nice weather of GA to drive this when I want.

Comment

Well to bump my thread up.... I went out last week after about a month of not visiting my car, I went to make sure it still lived. It started right up, yes many of the dash lights came on, but they quickly went off. Car ran great! I still have a dome light fuse problem, and the brake light issue returned but thats part of the deal when you own a 25yr old car

Comment

I hope to keep this slow thread alive. Sooooooo,,,,,, I still have a brake light issue but I think I soon may be a GA resident,....so who lives in GA?? Car ran great this week. Pressure plate may be going south, but it may be the cold weather, and the PS pump has begun to whine. Oh well. Its still fun to drive, and own. It was also nice to take the wife out this week, and as she drove it down the highway to hear her say... we are never selling this car. I knew she knows what I know about a car in that moment.

Comment

So.. today I did a top swap to black. Bought the top off of GT BMW E30, got a good price, and it actually bolted right up. I was worried it would not be as easy as they fairy tales I had heard of, though it was. Made sure to keep all the right washers in the right place, and it legit was the same as my tan top in terms of fit. This job could easily be done in one hour. It requires 13mm socket, and some wrench extensions, and that is it. 6 bolts, and if done right, it can even be done alone. I got mine totally torn apart and took the old top off myself. Had my wife help me place the new top in so it was easier. I also swapped my sealed beams to elips. Another easy swap. And lastly I changed the hood emblem to a new one a friend of mine who works for BMW hooked me up with. Here are the only 2 pics i have for now. Others to follow.

Last edited by rcsoundn1; 08-15-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Its also important to note that the rear seats do not need to be taken out, but to do so requires a 17mm socket.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looking good! :up:

Comment

Thanks, I keep chipping away at it

obv edited pic for whatever reason.
                    Last edited by rcsoundn1; 08-15-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

So I have a question, I hear the rear rondle is not 82mm? Is that true??? Next Im looking to swap the carpet and install my new antenna wire as well as my antenna. Also just bought perfect visors so those are up as well.

Comment

Here it is on the alignment rack after a full one over in prep for the ride to GA! Yea it's 25yrs old and mostly originall. Has some leaks, not a show car but the car is 100% rust free and ready for the ride!
                        Last edited by rcsoundn1; 12-13-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Spent some time today thinking about what I have done to this car since I have bought it and thought, should I make a list? well here it is as I can recall today:

-Rear sway bar bushings
                          -rear shocks
                          -rear shock tower supports
                          -Rear sway bar links
                          -exhaust hangers, rubber
                          -4 tires
                          -4 wheel refinish
                          -4 wheel center cap replace
                          -trunk lid swap
                          -3rd brake light delete
                          -trunk lid alignment
                          -antenna delete(soon to be replaced)
                          -vert top swap to black
                          -door check supports
                          -dual trunk lights
                          -console swap
                          -shift knob swap to leather
                          -rear ashtray upgrade
                          -front ashtray upgrade
                          -front cup holder
                          -volt meter
                          -clean adjust all seat
                          -seatbelt clip fix
                          -sealed to elips
                          -tan to black front kicks
                          -shift boot swap
                          -leather ebrake handle
                          -leather ebrake boot
                          -replace front turn signals for non cracked ones
                          -replace cracked tail lamps
                          -front rondle
                          -rear diffuser, for when the top is down

I feel like I am missing some things, and I am sure more is to come. This post is to just highlight what it takes and to remind me what I have done.
                          Last edited by rcsoundn1; 04-05-2014, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Here are some headlight swap pics. Process was easy actually. I snagged the US elips off a guy on CL, for a good price. Be sure to get the pigtail plugs as I did to make the swap seamless!

Comment

Well I took this fool to GA this past week, 12+hr drive on cruise at 80mph.... 0 issues. More fun than... Well anything I drove this far. Cleaned it day 2 in GA then took it to a show with fam who has an 80 vette. Got minor attention but still so much fun.

Last edited by rcsoundn1; 12-13-2014, 10:44 PM.

Comment

So no updates on this car just yet, but I do have another life update that should go here. The short story is this, I bought this car because I grew up caring for one and riding in one. A married couple very close to me had owned the car since day 1, and in fact it was a christmas bonus that the husband recieved when working at emerson electronics. It was a fully loaded 1989 white on tan vert. Well she(the wife) passed away in 2002, and I have stayed very close with her husband ever since, and have continued to care for his car throughout the years. Well he has decided to simplify his life and last night turned the keys over to the car I have cared for the last 20 plus years. I now own a red vert and white vert. The white one is a 1 owner with a full repair history, new top, new interior. It needs some rear suspension work, all of which I have not begun to sort out. I am still in shock that he gave it to me and cant begin to plan for all the repairs. Pics to follow when I figure out how to get this one from NJ to GA
                                Last edited by rcsoundn1; 06-17-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X