Vert revision KB-AN-SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work. Welcome to GA.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Well I did some things to the car this week. Not sure on all of them

I swapped from black to tan door handle trim. Not sure I like it yet.

No pic, but I also put a green defrost switch in.

I also put in the USB charger in both cars, here it is in the White one,

I did a Z3 antenna upgrade on the white car because the red car antenna wire is trashed in the trunk. I used a mast off of some ford, not sure which one because I have had it so long, from when I worked at a ford dealer back in 2000
      Last edited by rcsoundn1; 10-06-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1
        I did a Z3 antenna upgrade on the white car because the red car antenna wire is trashed in the trunk. I used a mast off of some ford, not sure which one because I have had it so long, from when I worked at a ford dealer back in 2000
        How is the reception with that mast?
        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

While I did not drive it much, since its not tagged or insured, and the fact I live in the country I can say this. I had no issue by me. I plan to do the red car. With that I can give a more solid review because I drive it. Only thing I would sa is I can see that a car wash would be a no no, and it might benefit from some sort of sealant. It is shorter, though not to short. My guess is 12" tall

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
            While I did not drive it much, since its not tagged or insured, and the fact I live in the country I can say this. I had no issue by me. I plan to do the red car. With that I can give a more solid review because I drive it. Only thing I would sa is I can see that a car wash would be a no no, and it might benefit from some sort of sealant. It is shorter, though not to short. My guess is 12" tall
            I can't see myself EVER taking the convertible through a car wash.
            Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Me either. I know the PO of the white car took it to the car wash, but I dont fault her for that. I wash all my own cars, though my wife takes hers to the car wash from time to time.

Comment

Thought I would post a comment about the antenna. I originally used a stock grommet. I did not know this until today when I found the Z3 grommet, or whatever is recommended to use with the Z3 antenna. Then new grommet fits a lot better, and seals a lot better as well. Only major difference is that the Z3 antenna fits into the grommet snugly, and the hole at the top is a lot smaller. Works a lot better overall.

Comment

Well I did some minor work this weekend. Spent more time on the house as well. I painted the lower rockers and trim on both cars. Cleans it up a bit I think.

Slathered the red cars seals with some vaseline, and adjusted the windows. I am not sure if the adjustment made a huge difference but we shall see.

I gave the red car a once over, in anticipation of taking it to Nashville this coming week.

Lastly I had to do some repairs on the lawn mower. Seems the blade was bent when someone used it......
                  Last edited by rcsoundn1; 10-06-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

When in Nashville, take the BMW to the blue bird cafe & have a kick ass time, take bad pics
                    Last edited by rcsoundn1; 10-06-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I have been doing some minor work since I took it to Nashville. I think it needs rear brakes, so I have those, I added my strut bar, though I hear reviews are mixed about what they actually do. I also did the ODO gears so it counts miles again, and added the miles it did not count onto the cluster. I kept tract and only waited a short time to do these. I did them both on the red and white car. No strut bar for the white car yet. Lets see how I feel about it on the red car first. I have mainly just been driving the red car. I used it all last week, and will likely use it this week as well.

Comment

Well the fact is, the red car has become a DD. My honda blew up in some respects, and the red car has been taking me to work. I think the clutch is on its way out. I pray its just the cold weather, but I am smarter than that. I hope I can do some brake work soon, as its needed. Id like to make the white one road worthy, but I need a PS rear A arm for that to happen.
                        Last edited by rcsoundn1; 06-06-2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Red car is still going strong, took the Z3 from the white car because its just sitting, and the red car is my DD. Did the front brakes, and the flex disk, as well as some other minor things. Just got back from Fla. with it. Slave cyl went out somewhere between Ga and Fla, but I made it there and back. Not sure where it went bad but it devloped a bad leak. I have been in a tight spot $$ wise so I bought a slave from oriles for $20 with a lifetime warente. It works, and Im back on the road

Comment

Its been a LONG time since I have updated this. Of course a lot has happened since my last update, but I do still have both cars. The Red one was my DD for over a year, as my honda crapped out, and I had no other car at the time. The white one never fully made it on the road, and I have been slowly chipping away and things it has needed. I am at the point now where its read to go on the road after I tighten some hose clamps, add some coolant and a battery, Ill need to see if I can add some updated pictures to the thread.

Comment

Excellent commitment. Funny to look back at the fuzzy pics we were posting all those years ago.

Comment

How the red car sits in the garage. I wish there were a way to post multiple links from google photos in the thread so that the pics showed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X