No announcement yet.

Axis Powers - 2JZ E30 Drift Build -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been super busy lately with no time to work on the car. I should have a good update after this weekend, maybe the next. But, currently I've come across an opportunity to make a drastic change to my driveline.

A buddy of mine (Hans Morris aka Airfed) who has been helping me tune my car recently attempted to swap in a CD009 6 speed trans from a 350Z into his IS300. It is a custom setup that has worked before, and he was just trying to adapt it to an IS300, but without a lot of Transmission tunnel modification, it just wasnt going to work. Since it will not work, and he doesnt want to cut into the car, we have decided to put the transmission into my car instead.
    Ive already broken one R154 and the current one I have is already on its way out. So Im going to run it till it blows, or until I get this kit together.

Link to his thread - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f...sion-swap.html

Now to start with my portion of the trans build. Here's the formula.
    2006 G35 CD009 6 speed Transmission
    Adapter Kit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2JZGTE-2JZ-1...cda30d&vxp=mtr)
    Clutch release bearing adapter: http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...and-cd009.html
    Nissan slip yoke http://collinsadapters.com/index.php...-slipyoke.html
    One Piece custom Driveshaft
    Bell housing 1/2" mill
    Custom Shifter
    Tranny mount adapter
    Miscellaneous Bolts

Currently we have the CD009 Trans. On the left is a W58 on the right is the CD009

Left is CD009 right is W58 (My 600+whp VRT Jetta in the background lol)

Here is the 2JZ to CD009 Adapter plate

Going to work on getting the rest of the kit, and possibly instead of using the colins clutch setup I may just have my own made, but we will see. Id like to get my hands on a twin disc.

This will be on the back burner for a little while till I get the rest of the parts ready, so stay tuned!
    - AXIS POWERS - 2JZ E30 Build
    Current Project - 87 325is 2JZ Swapped with M4 DCT

Comment

This is amazing!!

Comment

Originally posted by DriftBoy View Post
        This is amazing!!
        Thanks, going to hopefully get this complete within the next few months

Comment

Made some headway yesterday thanks to ol greybeard (Xackgrill). We have most of the harness loomed with just a few connectors remaining left in the engine bay.

We made a bracket for the LS1 coil packs and relocated them, along with the MSD 3bar map sensor, and my Injectior Module inside the cabin behind the dash. There is a panel in the engine bay that we can remove to access all of those components very easily. We have pulled out tons of unused wiring and unused components.

Should have the wiring finished Sunday and the interior put back together with fresh black carpet finally!

Also Hans came by (Airfed) and hooked me up with some LED interior lighting that is brighter than it legally should be haha. He set it up on the door switch and we used an unused switch to power it when the doors are shut. Also turns on the trunk lighting. We will have the engine bay lit up with a Hood switch as well for those low light days.

One of my bushings on my subframe failed during install so I need just one more and that will be in.

I only have 1 week before our first event. Its crunch time!

Comment

Almost done with the engine bay!

Before

After

Custom harness started up first try too :D

Made it too our first drift event too. Worked on the car till 3am the day before!

Comment

That is clean. Well done! :)
              Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Lets talk chassis strengthening.

I feel as if my chassis is flexing under acceleration. The rearend has solid Condor Mounts in the Diff, subframe, and trailing arms. The rear sway bar is disconnected to allow for a little more rear grip in the corners. The trans crossmember mount is solid. The motor mounts are poly.

Here is whats going on with the car:
                When I give the car a little gas (and I mean very little, just enough to make it accelerate a little) I notice it pulls to the right a little bit, and then when I let off it pulls to the left.
                When I drive normal like just cruising, the car pulls to the right, pretty hard. I thought it was my stuck caliper at first, but I fixed that and it still pulls. The car lines up though on the alignment rack though.

Axles have seen better days. The diff doesnt whine, but it makes noticable noise, but it may just be the NVH coming through the solid mounts. Im really stumped on this one. Im checking it out on a lift soon, but Id like some advice on what I should look for, and what all should be strengthened.

Thanks!

Comment

If it's pulling right, but has a "good" alignment, have you considered taking it to a good collision repair place and having them put it on a frame rack? It's real hard to get a good alignment if your frame is all wonky. May want to rule that out, or you'll be constantly chasing your tail.
                  1991 318i SOLD
                  2003 325i SOLD

Racecars and stuff.

Comment

Full chassis stitch weld!!! DO IT~
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
                      When I drive normal like just cruising, the car pulls to the right, pretty hard...

The car lines up though on the alignment rack though.

Are you sure about that? Sounds like you have unequal castor.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Ive gathered a few things that it could be.

Unequal Caster
                        Tie Rods
                        Ball Joints
                        SAI off
                        Rear subframe tweaked (highly possible at this power level)
                        Wheel bearing

Going to get it on a lift soon and check it all out

Comment

SLR V4 Angle kit with E46 arms just shipped. Wont be here till around Monday, and I will install next weekend. This is the same kit (minus the tubular arms) that Denofa is running this weekend at Long Beach! Cant wait to see what this car will feel like!

Comment

So very awesome!

Our cars are twins, as well. Mine just has 2 more cylinders and 1 less turbo.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Just a video a took this weekend at our drift event, tandem with a friend in his KA-T S13
                              Still 100% stock angle lol

Comment

More videos

Me and my friend mark tandem.
                                Mark Rovell in his S14 and Jacob Edwards in his E30 Tandem at ArkLaTexDrift.com drift event.

Solo run

Comment

Working...
                                X