S38 turbo e30 Hartge H35-24 H bomb

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern
    If you do a standalone electronic boost controller down the road, I can't recommend the GFB G-Force III enough.
    Not quite as convenient/adjustable as having it controlled by the ECU though (which I assume you would rather do, given the standalone.)
    Thank you, for your advice on it. I will read up on GFB G-Force III.

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    If you do a standalone electronic boost controller down the road, I can't recommend the GFB G-Force III enough.
    Not quite as convenient/adjustable as having it controlled by the ECU though (which I assume you would rather do, given the standalone.)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2EB70B2F-2CF2-4EB4-9193-41F0B717C23A.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	10087690 Click image for larger version

Name:	A6FD3F80-3021-481B-85EC-4B6659E4DC1E.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	10087691 I’m going to install the springs on 44mm waste gate at 15 psi. I can always increase more with a boost controller.


    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I’m finally installed my custom cluster and tucked some wires on bottom of it. I still need to order a new kick panel.
    one of parts came in today. My new 44mm Tial waste gate.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	32F660E4-8DBC-4E44-9876-18633980D27F.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	10087472 Click image for larger version

Name:	0C47F999-E160-4034-82D8-4F719E8F01E6.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	10087473

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by downforce22

    how hard was this to do? Where did you get the parts? The innovative goods ones seemed a bit pricey for $160
    .
    I bought my from My Classic Parts. It was easy to install. The price is $170.

    Leave a comment:


  • downforce22
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo
    I finally finished up installing my rpm tach light on my cluster. I set up tack to go up 7,500 K.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2B3D8718-94C2-41C2-AA19-0A95231F9918.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	10086717 Click image for larger version

Name:	9A2F2927-89F0-4001-AB16-DA8C2DF5F1DC.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	10086718
    how hard was this to do? Where did you get the parts? The innovative goods ones seemed a bit pricey for $160

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I finally finished up installing my rpm tach light on my cluster. I set up tack to go up 7,500 K.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2B3D8718-94C2-41C2-AA19-0A95231F9918.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	10086717 Click image for larger version

Name:	9A2F2927-89F0-4001-AB16-DA8C2DF5F1DC.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	10086718

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	95070072-ED65-4865-AAF5-1019C7975DDE.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	10085654
    I ordered a new part for my custom cluster.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E3C6FA55-8CC5-4C6D-B233-51226728A176.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	10084472
    Originally posted by e30austin
    i've ran a few of those eBay coding plugs. you need to install the chip with a pair of needle nose pliers. they work just fine. i never wasted the time trying to modify a plastic e30 coding plug housing to work with the e28 coding plug. seemed like more work than it was worth, at the time.
    Thanks, Austin for input.
    Yes I bought eBay ones for e28 m5 8k chip. It was short and pin needles. I been watching your build on the s14 2.5 👍 Click image for larger version

Name:	21AC3202-E81E-431C-BCCC-8FD732BFF566.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	10084471
    I went back to to e30 Cluster site and order the 6 cylinder 8k chip $28 bucks. It fit perfect like the stock e30 cluster chip. The costume cluster was cheep to buy $450.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    i've ran a few of those eBay coding plugs. you need to install the chip with a pair of needle nose pliers. they work just fine. i never wasted the time trying to modify a plastic e30 coding plug housing to work with the e28 coding plug. seemed like more work than it was worth, at the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I ordered a 8000k cluster chip. The one ordered from eBay was to short to fit. It a e28 m5 cluster chip. I ordered two from E30 Cluster. It fit perfect…
    Click image for larger version

Name:	806D1446-6247-408F-81B3-5821E4B111AD.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	10084333

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BEC1828A-3CAD-4B53-BEC7-885E3326830A.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	10083709
    Originally posted by moatilliatta
    They have carbon kick panels, You could just vinyl wrap or flock them.

    Does the oil temp sensor read before or after oil cooler?
    One oil temp is on top of oil cap filter. Where would be the best to place it?

    Leave a comment:


  • moatilliatta
    replied
    They have carbon kick panels, You could just vinyl wrap or flock them.

    Does the oil temp sensor read before or after oil cooler?
    Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-02-2023, 07:35 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	E893E6C6-C733-40D7-9CFA-5B265EE65789.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	10083619
    Here is a better pic. I’m going to add a other thing to cluster soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been bouncing back and forth on my headlights with euro adjustables .and cluster wiring and sensors.
    I got my sensors on my $50 oil cap filter. I wired up to see digital read out on my costume cluster.

    Leave a comment:

Working...