No announcement yet.

Back in Black (now with s50 and bags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I won't be there there the following week. You're friends forester was pretty awesome!

Comment

Exterior of the car is looking great man. I'd put some euro bumpers on it and call it done!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NC318e30 View Post
        Well I won't be there there the following week. You're friends forester was pretty awesome!
        ah damn, and ya it's a pretty cool car, I love it.

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post
        Exterior of the car is looking great man. I'd put some euro bumpers on it and call it done!
        Thanks! It's a possibility, they are just so damn expensive.
        Instagram: @dillonmakar

Build thread HERE

Comment

sooo anybody have any idea where I could find a zender rear valence? they seem impossible to find.

Build thread HERE

Comment

well, rack and pinion is shot and leaked all the power steering fluid so time for a new rack. I finally got a tag for the car and could finally drive it and this happens. Kind of a bummer but oh well.

Now should I just go ahead and do the e36 rack since I already have to replace it?

Build thread HERE

Comment

My other e30 is for sale! somebody buy it so I can go crazy with this one!

Build thread HERE

Comment

sooooo this just happened...

picked up an s50 with a lot of things I need for the swap.

it has:

s50

wiring harness

complete oil pan set up for e30

motor mount arms

motor mounts

throttle cable

eBay headers

and the engine had all this done:

new gaskets (oil pan/oil pump/valve cover/oil filter housing/timing covers), new crank seals, cam & crank position sensor o-rings, new water temp sensor, new timing chain guide rails, new timing chain tensioner, new water pump, new thermostat, new thermostat housing, new head gasket, new ARP head bolts, new main belt, new spark plugs, new knock sensors, etc.

Pretty excited just ready to get home from school so I can actually do the swap.
                Last edited by dillon7; 10-02-2018, 07:09 PM.

Build thread HERE

Comment

My block is the same color. Did we just become best friends?

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
                    My block is the same color. Did we just become best friends?

Build thread HERE

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by dillon7 View Post
                        My other e30 is for sale! somebody buy it so I can go crazy with this one!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=296427
                        sold this, time to dump all my money into this one ;D

Build thread HERE

Comment

Sub'd!

Good stuff man!! :D
                          IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I came home from college this weekend so I could finally have some time to work on the e30 for a little. What planned to be a whole weekend dedicated to the e30 of course ended up only being one day.

I was hanging out with my girlfriend in the garage and she wanted to do something to the e30 so I decided to let her do a little painting.

The wiper arms had some rust on them so I taught her how to sand it down and prep for paint and stuff like that. They came out good and much better than before.

Then I decided to paint the side trim since I had painted most of the trim already and the chrome was annoying me and throwing things off. So I popped off the trim and painted it.

Of course I broke a clip so now it doesn't sit on the body as tight as I would like but oh well it's barely noticeable and I'll grab a clip next time I'm at the Junk yard.

oh and sorry for the crappy pics, they are coming out blurry for some reason...

anyways onto the good stuff.

so this finally found its way into the garage.

I was pretty excited so I began tearing everything out that needed to be done to get the m20 out. It took a lot longer than I expected and all I had left was the driveshaft to unbolt then the m20 was completely free. Well of course the driveshaft was being a PITA and I couldn't get it out and I needed to leave to head back to school so unfortunately the m20 still remains in the car :hitler:

Anybody have any simple way to just disconnect the driveshaft from the tranny without having to collapse it and take off all those stupid heat shields or whatever they are they cover the whole shaft?

So that's all I got done and now I'm sitting in my dorm missing my car. :roll:

I ordered all the rest of the parts I needed for the swap:

engine harness adapter

transmission brace with new mounts.

Depending on when I can get the flywheel machined down the planned weekend of the swap is September 13th. But you know how that goes...

In the meantime I shall sit in my dorm and look for more parts to buy now that I finally sold my other e30 :D

Build thread HERE

Comment

finally getting rid of those stupid huge seats I have and upgrading to some awesome sports seats!

Can't wait to get home and swap them in, along with that other thing....the um....oh ya s50

Build thread HERE

Comment

if you can find time. post pics of the 5 series seat mounting in the e30

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                                Ig:ryno_pzk
                                I like the tuna here.
                                Originally posted by lambo
                                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Working...
                                X