Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB's on a 24v project, Dyno results Post 136!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Anyone install these (RHD) on a 24V E30 yet?

Wondering if a 944 or 2002 booster moved over w/modified clevis would work?

Remote master?
    Not RHD brand, but similar dimensions. I would be inclined to say it's going to be a very tight fit in an e30. I have a customer who will be using these on a build in the future, so they will be made to fit, but that project is still getting machining on the engine so it may be a minute to find out...
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Not RHD brand, but similar dimensions. I would be inclined to say it's going to be a very tight fit in an e30. I have a customer who will be using these on a build in the future, so they will be made to fit, but that project is still getting machining on the engine so it may be a minute to find out...
      Cool, keep me posted. I'm just going to get the car running on an M50 manifold for now. I just want to see someone mock up the kit in a 24V E30 so I can evaluate if it's possible to run a booster or not (the make it or break it part about the ITBs).
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        Cool, keep me posted. I'm just going to get the car running on an M50 manifold for now. I just want to see someone mock up the kit in a 24V E30 so I can evaluate if it's possible to run a booster or not (the make it or break it part about the ITBs).
        I sure hope it's possible, I have a kit waiting to be installed as soon as I can find the time! It sounds like the carbon box may need modified some though.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
          I sure hope it's possible, I have a kit waiting to be installed as soon as I can find the time! It sounds like the carbon box may need modified some though.
          What booster are you running? Please follow up with pictures and what you needed to do to make them fit with the airbox. I'll send beer in return.
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Stock booster...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20180729_144811.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	7198414
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

tite fit.

Comment

FYI, anyone planning on running RHD branded ITB's in an E30 with a 24v. A 9" Booster on Revshift swap mounts will clear the ITB's but NOT the carbon manifold. You need about an extra 1/2" to clear. I have a 7.5" Booster from a VW Golf, this should theoretically fit with the carbon manifold. I also imagine different mounts will offer different clearances as well, I know for a fact that the black cylindrical E28 mounts moved the engine further away from the booster compared to the revshift swap mounts.
                IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post
                  FYI, anyone planning on running RHD branded ITB's in an E30 with a 24v. A 9" Booster on Revshift swap mounts will clear the ITB's but NOT the carbon manifold. You need about an extra 1/2" to clear. I have a 7.5" Booster from a VW Golf, this should theoretically fit with the carbon manifold. I also imagine different mounts will offer different clearances as well, I know for a fact that the black cylindrical E28 mounts moved the engine further away from the booster compared to the revshift swap mounts.

These are the Jenvey brand which don't have an airbox option.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

might as well do a Massive booster delete with twin M/C than a tiny booster
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Hydroboost?

Comment

Or that to
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                        X