No announcement yet.

Red Rocket - 1990 325i Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got any pics of the ms unit your useing yea im thinking of selling the one i got and getting one off Whodwho
    Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
    1987 bmw e30 euro part out
    1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
    Metric Mechanic 2.9 stroker
    Holset Hx35w CXRacing Manifold
    MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
    OEM HG AEM Methanol injection
    20psi

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwb View Post
      got any pics of the ms unit your useing yea im thinking of selling the one i got and getting one off Whodwho
      I can PM you some pics when I get home. I'll set a reminder.

Comment

Last night I went out and did hoodrat stuff with my friends. This friend has more cylinders than me.

Don't hate on the engine bay shot, it's far from finished lol. M60B44 doesn't have anything on the M20T as it turns out though. It's especially funny because this guy hates M20s.

After all of this, my water pump gave me the finger. The pulley on it is scraping and squeaking on the crank dampener. It's hard to picture, but I think you can tell here:

I've got a new pump in hand and should have that remedied tonight.

Comment

the things id do to that v8! and alright on the pics thanks man
          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
          20psi

Comment

Updates.

Friday night I set out to replace the water pump. After removing the belt, I started moving the shaft on the pump around trying to detect play. I couldn't find any. I tried pulling it in and out, still no movement. I figured maybe it's stick in or something causing it to scrap on the pulley. Whatever. Pulled it all apart, and in the process of pulling the pump out, I had to move the timing belt tensioner so I went to set it at TDC only to find that my crank bolt was completely loose. it was probably 4 turns from coming out of the front of the engine. Holy. Shit.

Got out my 22mm, put the car in gear and put the e-brake on and cranked that fucker down as hard as I could. I can't believe I didn't check that initially. I suppose I just thought surely it couldn't be that. The odd part is that it wasn't wobbling when running so I guess I never thought of it.

Anyway, finished up with the water pump replacement because I already had a new one. While I was in there, replaced the timing belt with a new Conti one as well. I'm pretty sure that was done about 700 miles ago, but at least now I know for sure.

Saturday I got out and met up with my turbo M20 buddy, John. He's been having an issue for about 6 months with his car just refusing to build boost. Between his schedule and the weather, we've not really made time to investigate. Showed up when he was supposed to be working on his E36 and just started tearing his charge piping apart to check couplers and connections. I also wanted to investigate the intercooler to see if it were cracked or something.

Before taking things apart, we took her out for a drive. Wanted to verify the BOV was staying closed and maybe hear where the issue is coming from without the hood on. Still not building boost. Pulled over to check things with car running.

Went back to his house and just started tearing things apart. Pulled off the charge piping between turbo to IC and found this bad boy.

So basically John is a lazy dipshit and we saved this car from being sold for the dumbest possible reason. Nice job, John.

Got in 1 good pull and then:

JK. Pulled over to tighten the IC pipe that popped off the TB. The officer pulled over just to make sure we didn't get run over in the process lol.

Sunday:

Went to get some breakfast burritos.

Then in the E30 V8, did some of this:

Which left us with this:

Later, we did this:

The sedan is the M60B44 hybrid turd. Moves out pretty good. My car is still on 8psi and I'm not revving over 4300 because my injectors are pretty much maxed out, but you get it. The thing moves out. It's got a 5-speed and a 4.10 so those 35 rolls he was in 3rd and I was in second lol.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words lol.
              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

There is just something about a lowered e30 on bottlecaps that gets me every time, love that shit.
                1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                  Thanks for the kind words lol.

Originally posted by MokinWeet View Post
                  There is just something about a lowered e30 on bottlecaps that gets me every time, love that shit.
                  What about a lowered E30 on bottlecaps with a V8 doing hooligan things?

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

What about a lowered E30 on bottlecaps with a V8 doing hooligan things?
                    I squirt.
                    1991 318i Sedan

Comment

Up and running on 60#ers. HUGE thanks to KAMotors and Whodwho.

Wideband will be here tomorrow I hope so I can work on the fine-tuning. Woot. If anyone is considering picking up an LC1, just forget it. They're huge pieces of shit.

Comment

Nice. I ordered a aem uego

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                        My Feedback Thread

Comment

the lc1 wideband is such a pain in the ass i endded up going with the AEM its such a hastle , cars coming together great!
                          Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                          1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                          MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                          20psi

Comment

get arps yet?

Whats the new plan with the the bigger injectors ? Mor boost?

Comment

Originally posted by spoolinspoon View Post
                              Nice. I ordered a aem uego

Originally posted by Bmwb View Post
                              the lc1 wideband is such a pain in the ass i endded up going with the AEM its such a hastle , cars coming together great!
                              That was recommended to me as well. I ended up going with the MTXL because reviews online said it was more accurate. We shall see. If this one doesn't work out I'm writing off all Innovate products.

Thanks!

Comment

Mxtl was my second choice but I got a decent deal on my uego

My Feedback Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X