X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car looks good. hurry up and get some videos

Comment

Originally posted by BlkE30v View Post
      where did you get your intercooler? what size is it? looks like it fits perfect
      That's a good question - but I'm not sure. I'll measure it for you this weekend.

Originally posted by Peattie View Post
      car looks good. hurry up and get some videos
      I'm trying! I've got 2 sets of tires to slay once it's running. I promise, I will deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
        That's a good question - but I'm not sure. I'll measure it for you this weekend.

I'm trying! I've got 2 sets of tires to slay once it's running. I promise, I will deliver.
        Yay!:nice::giggle::popcorn::crazy::!::woowoo::puppy::eeek:
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

MegaSquirt is on its way back, so that's good news, but we are expecting 5 snow storms in the month of February. I just shoveled 9" off of my driveway yesterday.

Hopefully this let's up soon. I hate winter.

Comment

Come up north and help me put mine together yo!
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                Come up north and help me put mine together yo!
                Oh yeah? What are you building now? ;D

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
                Nice job!
                Thanks!

Comment

So, I've received notification that my MegaSquirt is on its way back to me and should be here Tuesday. Woot. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks, Kansas weather will allow me to get her put back together and get the tune finalized.

Today we got home to find that I have received my plug wires from Summit and the connector I need from DIY Auto Tune to hook up the ignition box. If anyone is wondering how long it takes for Summit to ship a simple set of plug wires, the answer is about a month. Total shit experience with them for the second time.

The most difficult part about installing all of this will be re-wiring the tach, but I'm sure I'll figure out a way to make that work. If anyone has any tips on that, I'm all ears. I'm not running a stock cluster.

Next, I bought a new steering knuckle, aluminum flex disc, 2 new lemforder tie rods, new boots, and a Condor Speed Shop aluminum power steering delete plate so I can toss in my Z3 steering rack. Stock racks are absolute garbage, especially for a track car. As soon as those bits get here, I'll get it installed.

I was really hoping to have most of the remedial shit done by now but it just hasn't been an option. Tire slaying to ensue soon. Hang in there.

Comment

tell me how the coil setup works with you i got the exact setup you purchased there but can seem to get it to run atm with megasquirt! solid car looks and sounds great
                    Sold Black BMW E30 325IS
                    1987 bmw e30 euro part out
                    1990 Bmw 325i Cabrio 2.9
                    Metric Mechanic 2.9 stroker
                    Holset Hx35w CXRacing Manifold
                    MegaSquirt ARP HeadStuds
                    OEM HG AEM Methanol injection
                    20psi

Comment

Looked at the video again, you should get a better looking muffler thing haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmwb View Post
                        tell me how the coil setup works with you i got the exact setup you purchased there but can seem to get it to run atm with megasquirt! solid car looks and sounds great
                        I'll be sure to let you know what I find. Thanks!

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                        Looked at the video again, you should get a better looking muffler thing haha.
                        I thought about it, but it sounds so good I'm just not messing with it. To hell with my neighbors. :D

Comment

Progress has been slow, but it's because I've been distracted by the new toy.

BUT last night I finally put in some garage time. I bought a new soldering iron so I could make the connector harness deal for wasted spark. Ended up looking pretty good to me at least.

After I did that, I spent about an hour piecing together my MSD plug wires. Left them full length and can modify later if necessary, but this works for now. Mounted the coil with some handy dandy zipties. Looks like this:

Next, I mounted the MS, re-ran the vacuum line going to it, plugged everything in, installed new battery and got Kameron to send over the new tune aaaaaaaaand then all went south. For whatever reason, TunerStudio threw a bunch of errors burning the tune. Said something to the effect of invalid parameters or something. Obviously it's not the tune because it works for Kameron's cars he's tuned, so it's something on my side. Anyway, tried cranking the car and it just cranks and cranks and cranks, but won't start. I was so frustrated I gave up. Tonight I'll investigate to see if I even have spark.

Once it fires, I need to re-wire the tach. Does anyone know if I can pull tach signal from the wire leading to the DME?

Comment

ah Ive always wanted a drz supermotard. they look like so much fun

Comment

THat sucks about all the problems with everything... Ride the bike often! Great stress relievers those things are!
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by Peattie View Post
                                ah Ive always wanted a drz supermotard. they look like so much fun
                                They're pretty amazing. This is my first, though I've known for a long time I wanted one.

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                THat sucks about all the problems with everything... Ride the bike often! Great stress relievers those things are!
                                Yeah - I'll get it figured out eventually. Maybe my expectations are just set too high. I need to work my patience level.

I plan to put as many miles on the thing this summer as I can. Bought it Saturday and by Tuesday I had already put 300 miles on it when the average temperature was in the 40s lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X