No announcement yet.

'88 325is M30 street car-->S54 -->S50 -->M54 Enduro Race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah sport mode is wired to rear defrost button. Took the m-systems off and put on my RC's with 215's for the time being, the 245's just don't fit as well as I'd like.

Forgot that I snapped this pic last night, I actually really like how the RC's look, even with the small tires.

20141006_185146 by braswell.jonathan, on Flickr
    Last edited by Jb325is; 10-07-2014, 08:07 AM.
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Looks real good on those RC
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Thanks yeah, I really like them.

Unfortunately I'm still having issues with the car, it has been showing lean codes (P0171, P0174, P0175) constantly, hesitates under acceleration, has a light bobble/misfire under light throttle and is just not as fast as it should be in general. Air/Fuel is weird also, it drops to 18:1-20:1 at idle, but is normal during cruising.. This is with a brand new, just calibrated sensor on my Innovate. Last night I changed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, and verified the locations of the Pre-cat o2's are correct. I unplugged the MAF last night and it stopped generating the lean codes, but the air/fuel was still super lean at idle so I don't think it is the issue. I think I may have a fuel pump or o2 sensor issue, but I don't really want to just throw parts at it. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this thing at this point, I almost wish I would've just done an s52 with cams/bolt ons.
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

You know who can help ;)

Check Us out on Facebook
          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
          Full Product Line Tuning
          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
            Thanks yeah, I really like them.

Unfortunately I'm still having issues with the car, it has been showing lean codes (P0171, P0174, P0175) constantly, hesitates under acceleration, has a light bobble/misfire under light throttle and is just not as fast as it should be in general. Air/Fuel is weird also, it drops to 18:1-20:1 at idle, but is normal during cruising.. This is with a brand new, just calibrated sensor on my Innovate. Last night I changed the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, and verified the locations of the Pre-cat o2's are correct. I unplugged the MAF last night and it stopped generating the lean codes, but the air/fuel was still super lean at idle so I don't think it is the issue. I think I may have a fuel pump or o2 sensor issue, but I don't really want to just throw parts at it. I'm getting pretty frustrated with this thing at this point, I almost wish I would've just done an s52 with cams/bolt ons.
            that is bizarre. it should run like stock. even if something like the 2nd O2 wasn't disabled completely, the worst thing that would happen is it would throw an error code. I'm starting to wonder if the DME is bad?

I have another MSS54HP, I could load up your file and send it to you.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm getting pretty frustrated with this thing at this point, I almost wish I would've just done an s52 with cams/bolt ons.

Stick with it man, you will have it sorted soon and the pain and frustration will fade in the glory of an 8k rpm howl.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Nice thread, I'm about to dive into this project, not sure what I'm getting myself into but hopefully I'll stay sane enough to finish it. I hope you got your problems sorted out, very nice work btw.
                sigpic
                E30love

Comment

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a simple fix
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

your build has been amazing i love all the pictures and your car is absolutely amazing

i hope you get your issue figured out..

Comment

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't think it's going to be a simple fix
                      just sent you another file to try. Unless it's some massive hardware issue, we'll fix it. :)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

the headers you got look amazing i'm wondering if they clear the stock subframe or do they clear only because arcasylums subframe is tubular?

Comment

Your hcore lines are def backwards. top pipe is outlet on the E30 hcore and per this:

Top pipe is outlet on the S54 :P....

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Got it running correctly last night, finally. I tried to take it to the dyno, but they were closed. Long story short I had the pre-cat o2 sensors swapped. I did one short pull last night on the street because it's still too loud, and it was immediately obvious that its running correctly. Videos coming this weekend, before I put another muffler on it!
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

hee hee
                              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

meh, that s54 looks sexxy in ur bay there

Comment

Working...
                                X