Comment

you have a way with words my friend
      my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

Any progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        my build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=309778

Comment

And yet another car added to the "cars to own before I die" list. Awesome car. Love it.

Comment

I love the E28 m5! One of my dream cars, great car great writing.
            Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
            1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

Time.

For something so rigid and consistent, isn't it a wonder how differently it can be perceived. When caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it passes us by with a speed that we don't even comprehend. Days turn into weeks. Weeks into months. And before you know it the car you parked in the garage last weekend has been sitting, mothballed for a decade. It happens all to easily. It was that same force that got her to the place in her life that I met her. It's funny though, how the thing that seemed to be slowly killing her was actually her last line of defense from a greater, unforeseen force. Hindsight reveals the clearest of pictures only after their usefulness has passed.

The first few weeks we spent together passed so quickly, countless nights spent getting to know each other.

With a goal of getting her back on the road to really feel what she needed, getting her heart beating again was the first order of business. Fluids were flushed, throttle bodies rebuilt, and a completely new fuel system was installed.

As the anticipation of months of work built up, time slowed. Billions of electrons awoke from their slumber. They stumbled down the paths they once knew, all but forgotten from the past. The signal from the ignition spread out throughout her nervous system, bringing to life all of her organs in a mechanical symphony. And on a cold night in April, she cleared her throat again. Time, it seemed, had not beaten her yet.

Celebrations were short lived, there was still a long road to travel. Her heart was strong, but the rest of her was still very weak. A short test drive revealed a limping transmission. The brakes that once kept her supercar urges in check were all but rotted away. Of course, anything that popped up was nothing that couldn't be remedied with a weekend or two of long nights and cold drinks.

Then I finally drove her home. Not across the parking lot. Not down the block. We took the long way home, to a real garage. Looking back on that drive it was truly great. She drove flawlessly, all the years of neglect faded away with every passing mile. The engine pulled stronger than I could have hoped for, the racing pedigree screaming out all the way to the redline. It was a story book ending, and the beginning of something truly amazing. I got one last look as I tucked her in for the night.

The next day I awoke with excitement, knowing what was waiting for me just downstairs. There was still a laundry list of odds and ends that needed to be accomplished, but now that she was back it seemed like a mountain eroded into a molehill. Nothing was to big, nothing insurmountable. Nothing except what was waited for Heidi that afternoon.

She was just sitting at a red light.

They had no License.

No Insurance.

Time stood still.

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
              Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
              Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
              Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

Dude. This isn't the way I wanted you to make your return to r3v! The story was going so well until the last part. Ugh.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!
                  I cried a little when I saw the crash pic :(
                  I hope they get what's coming to them for doing such tragedy
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Fuck people, sue the fuck out of them.

but really how much for the S38
                    Last edited by Wschnitz; 10-07-2014, 10:33 PM.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

just died a little inside. this is when its appropriate to be that guy who sues.

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

That picture is hard to look at. This is terrible news.

Comment

What. The. Fuck. They wouldn't be alive for me to sue if they fucked up an M5...... My condolences to Heidi I hope you sue the fuck out of their asses and get her returned in an even better condition!

Comment

worst thread ever dammit!!!

Comment

Wtf.
                              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

wow! Such a heart break..... Whats happening now with the insurance? Sorry for your loss, i was really excited to see what you were going to do with this car.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                                X