No announcement yet.

The Resurrection of Heidi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss. Glad you got into another. I'm doing a s38 swap in my e30 and in need of the s38b35 thermostat housing? Is that something your willing to let go of?

Comment

Sorry, I'm not parting out anything with the motor right now. I'm going to keep it as a complete unit until I decide what I'm doing with it.
      Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
      Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
      Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
      Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

This is sad.

Originally posted by tinkwithanr View Post
        They had no License.

No Insurance.
        That's infuriating. People suck.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

So sad to read throught this.
          I remember when I crashed my touring that I'd spent the whole summer renovation so that it was finished before I went back to school. I drove out of an intersection and a car came up that I didn't see, thankfully only the doors, bpillar and inner/outersills had to be replaced. But at that moment I was heartbroken and cried for days.

Anyways, looks like there are very different laws in the US as apposed to Norway, as all cars have to have insurance. If you crash a car without it, you end up paying the amount that your insurance has to pay for the damage/totaling of the other car, which can be hundreds of thousands. Most people that does that end up being in really deep dept for the rest of their lives, so they somehow get their punishment.

Comment

It's actually not much different here in the USA, all cars are required by law to have insurance and if you cause an accident you are responsible for the costs that may come with it. Unfortunately the people that hit me weren't even US citizens. I know the insurance company went after them in court, but I doubt they stayed in the country long enough to get reprimanded for it.
            Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
            Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
            Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
            Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

That is really upsetting. If they weren't citizens, I assume they didn't own the car? Can't you go after the owner?
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
              X