No announcement yet.

M20 B3x Naturally Aspirated Stroker build past, present and future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any sound clips of new exhaust?? Looks pretty damn badass!

Comment

How is this progressing, digger ?
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Yah man, post some dyno vids or something!
        -----------------
        89 M50B28 turbo
        LINKY
        -----------------

Comment

hit an unrelated "snag", will reveal more when i am able
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

thats amazing , great work! i was wondering how's the relability of the engine by stroking it to 3.1 since i don't know about this and in my country no one has done it because this factor that we don't know :p the life of the engine might be lower right? keep up the amazing work!

Comment

Its all stock parts except for pistons, the life of the engine isn'treally affected.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                Wow, I wouldn't have expected x-pipe placement to make such a difference.
                Correct collector length and termination is extremely important. Since an X-pipe creates an impedance change that terminates the collector, X-pipe placement determines collector length and as such can have a very significant impact.

Comment

had a few issues shall we say that have been keeping me busy. here are a couple happy snaps

Last edited by digger; 06-30-2017, 10:52 PM.
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Car looks great :up:

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                      Car looks great :up:
                      x2.

This whole thing has me wanting to do some major research before I build a better exhaust system for my car.

Love this thread.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

nice car mate

I see your lambda sensor is very far from engine as It is on my car, does you have issues with sensor working propertly, or it works fine?
                        http://instagram.com/mundieriss
                        my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by abit View Post
                          nice car mate

I see your lambda sensor is very far from engine as It is on my car, does you have issues with sensor working propertly, or it works fine?
                          Won't bother it being that far. When we tune cars on the syno, the wide band is clipped to the tail pipe. I have noticed it causes the AFR reading to be about 300rpm off when making adjustments.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

thanks guys. yeah mine is tuned with O2 up the tailpipes. i have two ports in the Merge and one is still free and the ohter for the WB. so may get them to tune with it as it is precat which is supposed to be better

Comment

I can't for the life of me find where to get the 45mm valves. Is there any way I could ask you to point me in the right direction to get a set of those?
                              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer_man View Post
                                I can't for the life of me find where to get the 45mm valves. Is there any way I could ask you to point me in the right direction to get a set of those?
                                My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Working...
                                X