No announcement yet.

Kadunza S54 ITB Adapter Plate Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subscribed for updates , got a set of s54 itbs sitting in the garage.

Comment

Still slowly waiting for my fab guy to finalize a throttle linkage assembly. Will post updates as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
        For someone running a standalone, will the vacuum "log" provide an adequate map signal? I wouldn't want to run alpha N because I intend to run FI as well.
        I have not had any luck tuning ITB's in Speed Density. It CAN work, but the resolutions sucks as you will be reading about 80kpa at idle. I have read where people use a large vacuum manifold and buffers to slow/mix the pulses. I put a vacuum gauge on a vacuum block and the needle bounced erratically and was only pulling about 8" on average with a huge swing between.

We will be putting a turbo on an ITB m20 soon. I plan on using a hybrid alpha-N speed density (MAP), but will have to cross that bridge when we get to it. Hoping I can have the MAP signal in the plenum (pre-throttles)
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          I have not had any luck tuning ITB's in Speed Density. It CAN work, but the resolutions sucks as you will be reading about 80kpa at idle. I have read where people use a large vacuum manifold and buffers to slow/mix the pulses. I put a vacuum gauge on a vacuum block and the needle bounced erratically and was only pulling about 8" on average with a huge swing between.

We will be putting a turbo on an ITB m20 soon. I plan on using a hybrid alpha-N speed density (MAP), but will have to cross that bridge when we get to it. Hoping I can have the MAP signal in the plenum (pre-throttles)
          i've heard that some ECUs can sample at a defined crank angle and therefor you can sample at 1 runner only when the piston velocity is high and get a really good signal
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

cant wait for this. plan for mt2 car is s52 itb

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I hope your fab guy gets these done this is such an amazing idea.
              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                m50 runners 1&4 drawing (flow is 3.2L 100% VE 8000rpm) 11% variance

angled entry runners 1&4 drawing (flow is 3.2L 100% VE 8000rpm)
                2.5% variance

no questions that the angled entry provides better distribution. with the OEM runners 3 & 4 see more flow than its neighbours due to the poor design. air just dumps into the volume and the velocity of the air means it has difficulty turning corners.

most people flow test individual runners but that is useless for looking at distribution
                I've never seen these pictures before. Wow... I guess I've never considered there were would be such a flow imbalance on the stock manifold, and now I get the purpose of the angled manifold design. Learn something new everyday... I'm guessing the m20 design is actually better than the m50 at distributing air flow?
                My Feedback

Comment

Not really, imo where the throttle body bolts on the two closest runners 3&4 are located poorly that air will have difficulty making the sharp bend . Also the shape of each runner is different with some having really tight bend.
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I actually took the project from my original fab guy and it is now been given to Evolution Motorsport Fabrication to help finish the throttle linkage development.

Comment

@Robertk so your adapter is finalized and just waiting on the linkage?

Comment

Yes. I got word this past week from my new fab shop that they are very close to having it sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                          Yes. I got word this past week from my new fab shop that they are very close to having it sorted out.
                          So how's the progress on this going? Any pictures??

Comment

New fab guy says he's pretty close to having a final solution. I should see him tomorrow so I will check progress.

Comment

Very cool, in for updates.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                                New fab guy says he's pretty close to having a final solution. I should see him tomorrow so I will check progress.
                                How's it coming along , any good news?

Comment

Working...
                                X