Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More updates later this weekend but here's a teaser.

Snagged these up locally on Facebook market place for a steal! After I put a roll bar in I'm gonna to do a custom rear seat in matching material.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

sweeeeeet! nice little score.

Comment

Nice. The Recaros are in my opinion the best seats in the E30. I am surprised you don't plan on going with a rear seat delete.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
          Nice. The Recaros are in my opinion the best seats in the E30. I am surprised you don't plan on going with a rear seat delete.
          With the roll bar it really wont be useable but I like the look of a complete interior

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

New exhaust time! Didn't really plan for this but the trans ended up in the way of my old setup so I decided to build a new one and with oval pipe. It really does tuck up in there nice I must say.

Also got the oil drain done, I had it ceramic coated with the rest of the parts aswell.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

That is gorgeous.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

awesome work! excited to hear the oval exhaust. I'm sure it's not a huge change in note, but probably a difference. That's great you can just do that.

Comment

really excellent welding there. Exhaust looks great!
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post

Beautiful welds!
                    I do things.

Comment

Lol thanks guys! 4 years of tig welding is finally coming together. These are definitely the nicest welds I've ever made. It makes me want to rebuild my turbo manifold because the welds are so bad on it lol, yet somehow they haven't cracked.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Looks sick. Might also be worth it to drop an extra bead on the seam. Those ovals like to crack right along the seam.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          Looks sick. Might also be worth it to drop an extra bead on the seam. Those ovals like to crack right along the seam.
                          Oh ya like along the factory wells joint, I'll have to check into that.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome build, im subbed.

Welds look great from the outside, but we all know (or should) that its the inside that counts, so show pics of that :D
                            My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Loupoz View Post
                              Awesome build, im subbed.

Welds look great from the outside, but we all know (or should) that its the inside that counts, so show pics of that :D
                              I didn't take a picture of the inside unfortunately :( but i did back purge while I was welding so it turned out pretty nice on the inside also.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Man, this is going to be so great....

PM sent
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X