Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
    Did you have to create a new Transfer Case brace then? I would recommend getting the garagistic transfer case mount too. I have it and I think it's a great product. I only have good things to say about it. Mine is in 80a.

Did this cross mount attach to the stock location of the transmission? I can't tell where those two bolts are holding on.
    It's hard to tell from the picture but the brace I made mounts to a custom adapter that allows the transfercase to mount to this transmission. So that mount is supporting the transmission actually and behind it you can barely see but I modified the original transfercase mount and used it to with some mounts I made on the floor board.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

My brain hurts and I have an erection...

Comment

Didn't get much done this week unfortunately but I ordered some long long over due parts and they just came in. Had to do a few slight modifications for the ix hubs but nothing major, the rear is going to be a bit more work though.

Also got the transmission cooler mounted, just have to make the lines now.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Awesome fab skills and the project just gets better!
          1986 325iX
          2006 530xd

Comment

^ thanks! I'm slowly getting better as this project gets farther and farther. When I started I didn't even know where to start with an engine swap and that's why I built the m20, now I kinda regret it but I'm going to find out this thing can do that's for sure lol.

I got stuck working night turn for the rest of the year :( so progress has been kinda slow. It's been harder then I expected to get in the garage working this shift, but slowly I'm chipping away at small pieces.

Got the rear brakes fitted with some spacers.

Also got some fittings welded on the transmission thermostat to finish up the cooler lines.

Also had my first attempt at welding cast iron. I remade the 4th diff mount that I cut off to make it fit. Turned out alright with the wrong filler rod lol

Nest is to figure out a starter situation.
            M20/m50/f10
            One of them is going to work lol

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

where did you get the intake nylon spacer? That's a great idea, especially with the temps under the e30 non-breathable hood.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                where did you get the intake nylon spacer? That's a great idea, especially with the temps under the e30 non-breathable hood.
                They came from klracing.se that's where I got all the parts to build that intake. They are extremely helpful and great to work with and will ship anywhere. You will also need to run longer studs though. Ecstuning has something that's supposed to do the same thing but there expensive and I've never heard anything about them

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Its a great idea either way. It reduces heat transfer in traffic substantially. Keeps that intake breathing in the freshest of air. I'll check those guys out! Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

A few updates

Got the shifter finished up

Also got the floor all sealed up and sound proofed and carpet back in. I guess that's the first sign of reassembly!

Next week my fuel pump assembly will be in, will be doing twin intank staged pumps to keep up with e85.

Waiting on two parts currently then the trans and motor can go in.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

"I dont know what your talking about it's just a short shifter"

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I missed something somewhere. Is that a SMG shifter? SMG ix? What are the micro switches for?
                        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Its a DCT out of (I think) an E9x chassis.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            Its a DCT out of (I think) an E9x chassis.
                            Yep, I snagged it from a 2017 m4.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Don't try this at home folks

Also took advantage of ebay's 15% off sale the other day and scored these id1300 for a killer deal!

One step closer to e85

Fuel lines are on backorder so I gonna have to find something else to keep me busy for a week or so.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

So I have to ask...why did you go through all of the hassle of adding a DCT to keep the M20?

Not knocking it. just seems weird.
                                325IX Build Thread
                                RX7 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X