Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any video clips on the dyno?

Comment

Sub'd. I'm in need of inspiration for mine. I have the block torn apart and yet to be machined. Still sorting out tiny problems stock before I start the mad turbo process. This is looking great. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
      2002 M5
      '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Originally posted by miggs View Post
        any video clips on the dyno?
        I didn't get a chance to get any dyno videos because I was pretty busy helping tune the car, but once I get the wasted spark done it will be back on the dyno and I'll get some some videos, I plan on making over 400awhp next time
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Any other driveline upgrades? (Sorry if I missed them earlier in the thread)

2011 335i xDrive Msport - sold
          2002 M5
          '88 325ix turbo build :D

Comment

Originally posted by boogle2 View Post
            Any other driveline upgrades? (Sorry if I missed them earlier in the thread)

Just a rebuilt transmission and lengthened front driveshaft spines, so hopefully it holds up
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

awesome progress man. car looks awesome. I wanted to ask where you had your transmission rebuilt. Mine needs a rebuild bad.
              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

It was rebuilt by drivegear but I bought it from guten parts. Even for being rebuilt is still pretty loud at idle but they said everything was replaced

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I finally got around to checking this build out again. Great progress!

I see you removed the afm which looks clean and your exhaust is nice! I just got the good n tight turbo manifold and now I have to change my exhaust so it will fit the downpipe to the turbo.

You should post pictures of your spark and timing maps.
                  318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Me and my buddy went for a little cruise the other night to be that one loud guy going though some tunnels. He has a Trans-am ws6 that is just un godly loud haha. But with twin 1.5in screamer pipes from a little old BMW is pretty fun. I tried to post a video but it didn't work, I'll try later on my laptop.
                    But here's a few new pics any way

Last edited by nomansland92; 10-08-2015, 09:27 AM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      I finally got around to checking this build out again. Great progress!

I see you removed the afm which looks clean and your exhaust is nice! I just got the good n tight turbo manifold and now I have to change my exhaust so it will fit the downpipe to the turbo.

You should post pictures of your spark and timing maps.
                      Thanks man, my timing map is still whodwho 60lb base map, we ran it in on the dyno and verified it was safe but didn't go any further because I was getting spark blow out. So one whodwho finishes my new ms2 with wasted spark I'll go back and turn the boost up and get a good tune. And maybe by then I'll have a bullet proof front driveline too.... is going to be a big winter project and some crazy ideas haha

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                        Thanks man, my timing map is still whodwho 60lb base map, we ran it in on the dyno and verified it was safe but didn't go any further because I was getting spark blow out. So one whodwho finishes my new ms2 with wasted spark I'll go back and turn the boost up and get a good tune. And maybe by then I'll have a bullet proof front driveline too.... is going to be a big winter project and some crazy ideas haha
                        Looking at your car it looks strange without side skirts. Ultimate sleeper i guess!

Those screamers must be so loud. My screamer is so loud I want to tie it back into the exhaust!

What plans do you have for the driveline? I picked up a space front 3.64 front german ebay a couple years ago in preparation for this... First and second gear is where you run into trouble breaking things, so just don't launch is my plan hah
                        318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

That was my original plan to never launch it, but the whole point of building awd is getting off the line quick, and I'd also like to be making somewhere in the mid 400s at the wheels even if I need a bigger turbo allthough I love having absolutely no lag :)

My plans for the front diff is using e34 parts, diff, axles, custom oil pan and hopefully it can fit without moving the cross member forward or the motor backwards. I'm not going to start the project until winter.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

well ive been collecting parts for the past few weeks and came up with a game plan for the winter. This is what id like to get done this winter depending on how things go and cost.

winter to do list

***tune/ electronics
                            new megasquirt
                            AEM AFR gauge
                            wasted spark
                            get iat to work
                            fix lean start

***Drive line
                            525ix diff swap
                            possibility new clutch
                            new t-case
                            new rear drive shaft(or find vibration)
                            3.38 rear diff conversion

***mechanical
                            re-run brake line
                            lengthen waste gate dump
                            add o2 bung
                            fix all oil leaks
                            add oil catch can
                            straight pipe exhaust

***suspension
                            shorten strut housing
                            maybe change spring rates
                            koni race inserts
                            adjustable top hats
                            raise power steering rack to correct bump steer if needed
                            new tie rod ends

***performance
                            custom intake manifold(could be a summer project)
                            water/meth injection install
                            possibility swap from .75A/R exhaust housing to 1.00 A/R housing

here in the next few weeks I'm going to start build a jig to start planning the diff swap. Just from looking at it and getting veg measurements the biggest problem I'm seeing if that the top of the diff case will hit the bottom of the block. Because the m50 is rotated 10* farther on crank center line this causes the driver side of the oil pan mating surface to sit higher. with the m20 it naturally sits lower along that side it may cause interference. simply cutting off the upper mount and moving it elsewhere maybe enough to clear depending how far under the diff sit under the block. Id that's not enough i so far have only though of two solutions, neither i want to do. 1) rotate the transfer case a few degrees to lower the front drive shaft which would lower the diff. or option 2) add a u-joint to the front drive shaft and tilt the diff down or add two u-joints and lower the diff completely, probably not enough room by the transmitting for this.

Ill know more once i get my jig built and get proper measurements.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

525ix vs 325ix diff

525ix vs 325ix half shafts

Tore somethings apart today and starting playing around. Heres the with the stock diff, Ill make a jig to hold the axle and transfer case in place and then I can bolt the 525ix diff to the axle and then I can see how hard this is really going to be.

Also a nice fresh rebuilt transfer case from guten parts :)
                              Last edited by nomansland92; 11-22-2015, 09:09 AM.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Cool parts :)
                                https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                                https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

Working...
                                X