Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to fab your own downpipe/exhaust?
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

yep im fabricating everything myself, well that's the plan atleast
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I am looking at mufflers to replace my fart can and this one looks like it may fit the bill but it would be nice to get some nice tips.

3" inlet to dual 2.5" outlet magnaflolw
        MagnaFlow manufactures the best exhaust systems, mufflers, pipes and catalytic converters; now being sold directly from our website! We proudly manufacture products in the USA using premium components and the latest technology. Voted 2017 SEMA Manufacturer of the Year!

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Ya that wound probably fit pretty nice, it might not give you much room to put tips on it. This is the muffler I got ultimate stealth when needed but loud at a touch of a button.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
            Ya that wound probably fit pretty nice, it might not give you much room to put tips on it. This is the muffler I got ultimate stealth when needed but loud at a touch of a button.
            https://www.google.com/search?q=x+fo...6409041&spud=0
            Interesting, but I can't really justify spending over $300 on a muffler like that. I am interested to see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
              Interesting, but I can't really justify spending over $300 on a muffler like that. I am interested to see how it works.
              It's a pit pricey but I've heard good things about the company. Ive used a magnaflow similiar to the one your looking at and the only thing I didn't like was the duals coming out of it were so far about I had to offset the pipes closer to fit in the valence, that was on a e46 but the valence opening is probably similar, just something to keep in mind.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Well I got the manifold done this weekend. I'm starting to get better at tig welding, I wish all the welds looked like the last few but I think they will hold just fine

And thanks to whodwho and downforce22 for helping me with the megasquirt! The car fired up first try, it was super rich and idled pretty bad but after I adjust the reg_fuel for the 2.8 and took some fuel out of the ve table I got it bouncing around mid 14s. The map seamed to have a lot of timing in it around idle compared to most other I seen so I took a few degrees out of it as that smoothed the idle out a lot.

A pic of the pretty turbo!

Also since my oil lines haven't came in yet I built a little temp exhaust so I could start it up and listen for any manifold leaks.
                So don't be hating the hood stack haha

This week I'll start building the intake piping then the exhaust piping and it will almost be ready!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

baahahahaha I love the hood stack!

Comment

Good to hear. Looks like it is really coming along! As for your valence comment, the early iX doesn't have much of a rear valence so I don't have to worry about it but I noticed the same thing with how far apart the outlets were.

Also, make sure you put lots of thread tape on your oil fittings to make sure they don't leak. The high pressure of the pump caused lots of leaks on mine and for some reason at first I didn't think I needed thead tape on them.

oh yeah, one more thing

Comment

Ya I was wondering about using tread tape actually, I guess I'll have to use it, thanks for the heads up.

Just a teaser to show some progress, exhaust comes next week.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Exhaust is all tacked, welding starts tomorrow!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Cool man :)
                          E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                          E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                          E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Exhaust is on and done, started it for the first time and everything seemed good. Tomorrow I'll start base tuning on some back roads. Wait can't to get it on the dyno!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Can't wait to see this Ix amped makes me excited- the new in the old is a great combination

Comment

After the last few years of troubling slowly over heating in traffic I finally narrowed it down to a partly cloged rad, figures the only thing I haven't changed twies by now. Yay to no more over heating!

I've been doing some street tuning the last few days. I hadn't got into it yet but it starts to build boost under 2500rpm. Dyno is scheduled for next Wednesday!

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X