No announcement yet.

M30 OEM Turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I cannot get TunerStudio to display the correct AFR. My GG display shows a 13-14ish but TS shows a unmoving 9.70, even though I've set my AFR to LC1-LC2 and even custom input the curve (0V=7.35 AFR, 5V = 22.39 AFR). Ideas?

Comment

Where's your gauge grounded?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Gauge and LC2 are grounded to the shock tower (same place as the ECU)

Comment

While my charge pipe is getting welded up I can't start the car (no IAT sensor) so I managed to do a couple of other things.

Replaced the ebrake cables since the threaded adjusters at the handle were stripped; I couldn't tighten them down enough to really grab. Not a hard job, just a PITA because you have to disassemble the entire rear brake and ebrake assemblies in order to unhook the cable end.

Changed out my 25-year-old fuel pump for a Walbro 255 l/hr unit. Something tells me that 3.5L and 36 lb/hr injectors were going to kill that poor OEM pump designed to work with 2.5L and 17 lb/hr pieces.

Comment

Got some shit done last night, but of course forgot to take pictures... I always forget to take pictures, but I'll try and snag some tonight

All new headlight mounting fasteners went in, so now all 4 headlights are aim-able and no more rusty screws and broken mounts. Yay! It's so nice to be able to just use a flathead screwdriver and quickly, smoothly adjust headlights without cursing and breaking shit. Re-attached the grills as well and now the front end is all bolted up and ready.

Charge pipe should be done tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              Got some shit done last night, but of course forgot to take pictures... I always forget to take pictures, but I'll try and snag some tonight

All new headlight mounting fasteners went in, so now all 4 headlights are aim-able and no more rusty screws and broken mounts. Yay! It's so nice to be able to just use a flathead screwdriver and quickly, smoothly adjust headlights without cursing and breaking shit. Re-attached the grills as well and now the front end is all bolted up and ready.

Charge pipe should be done tonight!
              I need to do this with mine, did you buy them new from the dealer or ?...
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I need to do this with mine, did you buy them new from the dealer or ?...
                Blunt, p/n 63131385397 for the adjusters with brackets, and p/n 63121378369 for the little plastic buckets that the adjusters snap in to. 2 required per lens, so 8 for a whole car.

Comment

thank you
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Here's a few shots of the new headlight adjusters installed. Not glamorous, but it's progress. Installed my vintage Hamburg BMW badge too.

Also this arrived... Anyone want to guess why? :mrgreen:

Comment

Is it suppost to say 345i?

I use to own Mike Deitel's Alpina 345i.
                      Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Got my charge pipe back from the welder! Looks super good.

Good looking welds, of course they should be considering this guy has been building car exhausts for 30+ years

IAT sensor + bung

Nipple for 1" BOV

A little shot of a project he's got going for another customer. '55 Bel Air with a Viper V10

He also had this awesome vintage sticker on his toolbox

Comment

I like all of this.

How much did he charge you to weld that? I'm going to need a guy to weld my intake box together on the MG when the time comes.

Comment

He charges $50/hr, my pipe ended up being $200

Comment

Who's your guy Darin? I'll need some exhaust work one of these days.
                              sigpic
                              84 323i

Comment

Tom Phillips out of Vancouver. I'm not sure how much time he has right now but I'll ask if he's OK with me giving out his number (he just does it in his spare time nowadays)

Comment

Working...
                                X