M30 OEM Turbo project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M30 OEM Turbo project

Anyone else have this problem? My AT TPS sits much "higher" than the MT TPS, due to the larger plug. Even with the hood insulation removed, it presses against the underside of the hood and it made a dent :curse:

Comment

Solved (most) of my MS issues!

I couldn't get the damn thing to idle, it would just hunt and die. I finally started messing around the the ICV hertz, and eventually found a setting (187Hz I think?) that made it idle. It's a bit high at 900rpm but it's better than 0rpm :)

I also found out the issue with my tach being dead and TunerStudio not recognizing my AFR signal. When I tapped into the ECU harness to run the AFR signal, I accidently pulled up a wiring diagram for an m42 car , SO I ended up cutting the tach wire and trying to feed the LC2 signal in to it :rofl:. Now that I've corrected that, I have a working tach and working AFR reading. Hooray! Next step: test drive :mrgreen:

Comment

that's great! did you end up doing anything with your auto TPS?
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          Solved (most) of my MS issues!

I couldn't get the damn thing to idle, it would just hunt and die. I finally started messing around the the ICV hertz, and eventually found a setting (187Hz I think?) that made it idle. It's a bit high at 900rpm but it's better than 0rpm :)

I also found out the issue with my tach being dead and TunerStudio not recognizing my AFR signal. When I tapped into the ECU harness to run the AFR signal, I accidently pulled up a wiring diagram for an m42 car , SO I ended up cutting the tach wire and trying to feed the LC2 signal in to it :rofl:. Now that I've corrected that, I have a working tach and working AFR reading. Hooray! Next step: test drive :mrgreen:
          Oops haha. Gonna need burn out videos..

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

btw those plug housings you're missing are like $2.15 each
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by thatoneeuroe30 View Post
              oops haha. Gonna need burn out videos..
              +100
              Last edited by bradnic; 04-08-2016, 01:56 PM.

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                that's great! did you end up doing anything with your auto TPS?
                It works perfectly but still hits the hood. Not sure what I'll do yet.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                Oops haha. Gonna need burn out videos..
                Hopefully this weekend!

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                btw those plug housings you're missing are like $2.15 each
                Ya I know :sad: When I wired in these HIDs/Euro light slike 7 years ago I didn't realize you could buy them. But since I literally never drive this care in the rain, and that the fugly wires are covered by the black trim panels, I never bothered to fix them. Maybe if I get bored this summer :)

Comment

Ya I know :sad: When I wired in these HIDs/Euro light slike 7 years ago I didn't realize you could buy them. But since I literally never drive this care in the rain, and that the fugly wires are covered by the black trim panels, I never bothered to fix them. Maybe if I get bored this summer :)
                  You're attitude here is simply unacceptable! fix those things :hitler: lol

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

It works perfectly but still hits the hood. Not sure what I'll do yet.

If i was in your position, i would get the wires coming out of the TPS at a 90 degree angle without the connector and use a 90 degree heat shrink or boot to make it look factory-ish.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Just wondering what are you using for a motor mounts? Maybe your motor mounts are a little taller raising your engine causing it to hit the hood? Im using the revshift ones with no issues.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I have the urethane bushings from... I don't remember who exactly. He's here on the forums and sells them, but his name escapes me at the moment. Probably the best bet is for me to cut off the factory plug and try to install some little 90* connectors of some sort, make an ultra-low-profile plug.

Comment

I have the urethane bushings from... I don't remember who exactly. He's here on the forums and sells them, but his name escapes me at the moment. Probably the best bet is for me to cut off the factory plug and try to install some little 90* connectors of some sort, make an ultra-low-profile plug.

Those g-man mounts? But yea what you stated will be the easiest fix

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

That's it, G-man The Visionary. Really awesome mounts with zero NVH increase.

Comment

what an awesome build! i just got done reading the whole thread & this is just intense. i don't think i'll ever do anything quite this crazy with my e30, but i have got to give you props on your thoroughness & oem look!!
                              Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
                              Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
                              1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
                              1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
                              2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

IG: mitsugal_jenni

Comment

I give you props man. Your M30 swap is unique and well thought out. We all stand to gain from your experiment. I bet it vwill rip.
                                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X