• Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear bro!
    Singer Vehicle Design.
    Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

These people just dont care

Same thing almost happen to me in the parking lot.

Stupid lifted Jeep parked in front me (so both our noses pointed to each other).

The guy's lifted bumper went over my bumper about an inch deep.

So his bumper literally landed above my bumper less than half an inch away from my kidney grill.

Yes, I could barely squeeze my finger in between his bumper and my kidney grill!

Luckily nothing was hitting but had my car been lifted half an inch, he would have pushed my front end in.

When I got home, I had to check the car again because the odds of not hitting anything was impossible.
      Last edited by Javier h; 04-26-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Im so glad the I only have to street park the E30, and Im always trying to pick a spot where Im not sandwiched in. My neighbors are ok for the most part, but that stuff thats happened to Gabe is wild. Which car got keyed and which car gets the cone?

All things considered, it could be worse... maybe its time to upgrade to a carbonfiber hood! :devil:
        Parked right in front of my house, not sandwiched in :hitler:

His s4 was completely keyed down one side and hood, and the cone has been placed on the hood of the gti - the cone thing is kinda funny

and yea, I was thinking about cf/fiberglass hood. Probably cheaper than oem
        Originally posted by cali_e30 View Post
        sorry to hear bro!
        thanks
        Originally posted by Javier h View Post
        Same thing almost happen to me in the parking lot.

Stupid lifted Jeep parked in front me (so both our noses pointed to each other).

The guy's lifted bumper went over my bumper about an inch deep.

So his bumper literally landed above my bumper less than half an inch away from my kidney grill.

Yes, I could barely squeeze my finger in between his bumper and my kidney grill!

Luckily nothing was hitting but had my car been lifted half an inch, he would have pushed my front end in.

When I got home, I had to check the car again because the odds of not hitting anything was impossible.
        wow you got lucky, this kinda thing makes my blood boil
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

If you have full coverage, but normal insurance (no collectors or agreed value) they are going to total the car out. Just be aware. I would just fix it and move on.
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

That sucks man :(
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              I dunno if it would've helped since the car was parked, but maybe a motion sensitive alarm would've gone off. I have been considering a dash cam for my daily though (or wired up to swap around cars) - so many shitty CA drivers. I've had loads of close calls.
              Check out the Blackvue dash cams. I haven't tried one myself but they look very nice. You can get them with Parking mode which detects movements while you're away from the car. You can also get 2 channel setups with one camera on the windshield and one in the back. Might be a good investment for you!
              '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
              '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                If you have full coverage, but normal insurance (no collectors or agreed value) they are going to total the car out. Just be aware. I would just fix it and move on.
                Welp, can't afford to fix it right now with the resto im doing of the e36. We will see what happens. Might be meeting with an appraiser tomorrow or next week.
                Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                That sucks man :(
                Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                Check out the Blackvue dash cams. I haven't tried one myself but they look very nice. You can get them with Parking mode which detects movements while you're away from the car. You can also get 2 channel setups with one camera on the windshield and one in the back. Might be a good investment for you!
                Thanks, I'll look into it
                Shadetree30

Comment

I don't know if it's the same in California but in Massachusetts having an older car 'totalled' by insurance doesn't necessarily affect its title status. I got rear ended and the insurance company cut me a check, minus a bit to 'buy back' the car, but my title is clean still.

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
                    I don't know if it's the same in California but in Massachusetts having an older car 'totalled' by insurance doesn't necessarily affect its title status. I got rear ended and the insurance company cut me a check, minus a bit to 'buy back' the car, but my title is clean still.

I've never heard of that. They do an insurance estimate on the damage, compare it against what they think your car is worth, and if its over 70%, they salvage the car. You can either take the money, or buy the car back with a salvage title + a little cash. Car is salvaged or not as soon as they receive the estimate.
                    We're in deep now boys
                    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                    1988 340iL - Track car
                    My M60 V8 swap thread here
                    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Big bummer. The pics aren't loading, but from what you said it shouldn't be too bad to repair. Maybe a good full respray will come of it!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

How's your Z3M radiator holding up? My Mishimoto sprung a leak last weekend...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Carbon fiber hood time I guess.

I just can't believe that people are this way. I'd never leave if I fucked up that bad. I'd wait or at least leave a note.

Like recently, I've been cut-off by a handful of people driving and it seems, by their reaction, that I'm somehow the asshole here. They will flip me off and tell me to fuck-off like maybe I should have known they were the only ones that existed in this world.

So sorry to hear about that my friend. I love your car.

Comment

Sad day. Good thing this isn't your first rodeo fixing paint! Love everything. Very inspirational

Comment

Originally posted by Aufbau Principle View Post
                              I've never heard of that. They do an insurance estimate on the damage, compare it against what they think your car is worth, and if its over 70%, they salvage the car. You can either take the money, or buy the car back with a salvage title + a little cash. Car is salvaged or not as soon as they receive the estimate.
                              Well good news is that I think even with a 3rd party evaluation the car won't be totaled. The insurance estimator was fairly confident I won't have an issue.
                              Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              Big bummer. The pics aren't loading, but from what you said it shouldn't be too bad to repair. Maybe a good full respray will come of it!
                              It's not too bad. Just folded the front lip of the hood.
                              Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
                              How's your Z3M radiator holding up? My Mishimoto sprung a leak last weekend...
                              I'm not using the z3m radiator anymore, that was just "temporary". I use the mishimoto big core radiator now. It also started to leak (lifetime warranty - they replaced it no hassle) and it was actually my fault I found some time later that I had a high load/rpm hg leak pressurizing the coolant... I'll be using the z3m radiator on my e36
                              Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                              Carbon fiber hood time I guess.

I just can't believe that people are this way. I'd never leave if I fucked up that bad. I'd wait or at least leave a note.

Like recently, I've been cut-off by a handful of people driving and it seems, by their reaction, that I'm somehow the asshole here. They will flip me off and tell me to fuck-off like maybe I should have known they were the only ones that existed in this world.

So sorry to hear about that my friend. I love your car.
                              Thanks man. I'm just glad it wasn't worse. I honestly don't understand how someone could mess up that bad... wasn't like I got bumper parked, more like they just forgot to use the brake while backing up. Really shitty but if I can get a cf hood out of it I won't be too upset. Driving in LA is a nightmare. I've never encountered worse drivers...

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                              Sad day. Good thing this isn't your first rodeo fixing paint! Love everything. Very inspirational
                              Thanks, though I really don't have any interest in doing paint work anytime soon. If anything I'll see if I can squeeze some time in a paint booth at west coast customs (my old job - we're still friends) and bribe one of the painters to shoot some paint for me

Anyway, general update. Not much has been done on the e30 besides washing, clay barring and waxing a few weeks ago. Still need to resolve the accident situation but I've been working min 11 hour days with the new job and putting the rest of my spare time on the e36 so I've had no chance to deal with it. I'll just have to leave work early one day next week to get it to a euro shop nearby for a 3rd party evaluation.

Much progress has been made on the e36 though. Engine went in a few days ago and the rear suspension is totally finished. Brakes are also installed and front suspension is only waiting for swaybar install.

Lastly, bought another car. It's technically my wife's car, but I drive it for now. My e36 sedan will be up for sale soon. I always intended to sell it once the e36 vert was done, but decided to buy my wife a car now anyway and just get rid of it earlier. Picked up a 2004 330i sport and premium package. It's an auto (wife's preference) which honestly is kinda nice in the LA traffic that I have to deal with these days. Metallic grey exterior, black and grey leather interior with dark wood trim. It's super clean, well maintained and a really good looking car. I like it quite a bit. Probably will keep it for a while. I'll post pictures soon.
                              Shadetree30

Comment

was mia for a while, sorry to hear what happened to your car, any updates?
                                89 325i 4dr s52
                                02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
                                21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X