Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hartge h26 project.....the long road:) Oct 2014 begins:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:)

I have some herringbone sport seats so I am trying to get all the rest of the interior in herringbone to finish the hartge up...then it is on to some basic maint. items this summer.
    jm

Comment

little update

Well, it has been awhile since I updated this thread. Been working on three other e30's :)
      Found the herringbone interior for the h26...had to buy a car to get the interior. So I switched the houndstooth from the h26 to the 88is that I bought. So now after 2 years, the interior all matches:)
      Will get some pictures up soon...or just think herringbone sport seats and rear seat with head rest and door panels that match:)
      jm

Comment

Oooooooooooooooooohh
        Can't wait for the pics!!
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Holy crap, John!! I'm definitely giving you a call next time I'm in Boise! I've got to see this thing!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
            Oooooooooooooooooohh
            Can't wait for the pics!!
            Well, have to fix my camera first:)
            Should have some tomorrow.....
            jm

Comment

Originally posted by MortyCrock View Post
              Holy crap, John!! I'm definitely giving you a call next time I'm in Boise! I've got to see this thing!
              You are welcome to come by and take a look at all the e30's I have:), including the hartge.
              Should be done with the interior by tomorrow...little small parts that break are holding me up.:)
              jm

Comment

not done with the hartge

Got busy working on the ix today, so I did not get all the door cards on the hartge.
                But here are a couple of pictures of the hartge. Back seat needs some cleaning up:)

Here is the 89ix, might be built as an hartge clone:)

And of course, can't just have 2 e30's:)

1988 325is, getting ready to be sold next week:)

Comment

current project

So this is what I have been working on for a few months!!:) Just a "tribute" care, but still lots of fun and learning...
                  jm

Comment

They look good....

Have you decided on Hartge e21 model H3 180hp or 35i 210hp?
                    You know Frank has a E21 Hartge mono wiper kits on his H3 and yellow Baur 35i.
                    Last edited by e30m3s54turbo; 11-12-2016, 07:48 AM.
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                      They look good....

Have you decided on Hartge e21 model H3 180hp or 35i 210hp?
                      You know Frank has a E21 Hartge mono wiper kits on his H3 and yellow Baur 35i.
                      Thanks Raul: Thinking 3.5i, but finding the m30 engine is going to be fun. I need to find some detailed links or something on how to put the engine in. I think I need the alpina engine supports and a 323i euro subframe; not sure what else. Tranny should work fine:).
                      If anyone has some information, please let me know.
                      jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                        Thanks Raul: Thinking 3.5i, but finding the m30 engine is going to be fun. I need to find some detailed links or something on how to put the engine in. I think I need the alpina engine supports and a 323i euro subframe; not sure what else. Tranny should work fine:).

If anyone has some information, please let me know.

jm

M30 will be an easy find. I know of 2 here local if you want me to check them out let me know.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          M30 will be an easy find. I know of 2 here local if you want me to check them out let me know.
                          Hi: Should I be looking for an early 78-80 euro engine; maybe from a euro 635csi?
                          thanks,
                          jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                            Hi: Should I be looking for an early 78-80 euro engine; maybe from a euro 635csi?

thanks,

jm

This is one of them.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You can ask Frank for copies about the Alpina B6 2.8 steel motors. Hartge and Alpina e21 m30 sat in the engine bay the same position.
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

motor mounts

So the motor mounts from a 78 635csi euro are not going to work?
                                thanks,
                                jm

Comment

Working...
                                X