No announcement yet.

#BecauseRaceCar Story and Build - M60 6-spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pushes you into the back seat when you step on it, holy hell. How does the balance feel? Noticeable looser in the rear end with no power input through the corners?
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Awesome update.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

That sound though!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
          It pushes you into the back seat when you step on it, holy hell. How does the balance feel? Noticeable looser in the rear end with no power input through the corners?
          Yeah the rear end is all over the place, If i step on it coming out of a corner it breaks loose even with my 225 Toyo RR slicks. with no power input too much weight on the front end. im going to have to redo my whole suspension. Stay Tuned

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          That sound though!
          My car sounded different than another other V8 out there on the track, people knew i had a V8 but couldnt figure out what kind haha and yes the sound is proper. so smooth and beautiful sounding.
          sigpic
          The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
          On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Originally posted by ncrmtrsprtsE30 View Post
            My car sounded different than another other V8 out there on the track, people knew i had a V8 but couldnt figure out what kind haha and yes the sound is proper. so smooth and beautiful sounding.
            You're doing the world good by displaying an M60 E30. Treating the car well too, making it look easy to drive it smoothly. Speaking of which, is it scary at all, or does the chassis still overpower the engine?

Comment

Good to see it on track man. I love Thunderhill, I wish it was on this side of the country. Here is a video for inspiration-

I work on these cars as a side gig, and this dude is fast... Roll it in!
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                Good to see it on track man. I love Thunderhill, I wish it was on this side of the country. Here is a video for inspiration-

I work on these cars as a side gig, and this dude is fast... Roll it in!
                :eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek::eeek:

yeah thunderhill is definitely a miata track. that guy was catching air over the bypass.. that is insane.. my fastest time out there was a 2:14, that guy did it well under 2 minutes..
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
                  You're doing the world good by displaying an M60 E30. Treating the car well too, making it look easy to drive it smoothly. Speaking of which, is it scary at all, or does the chassis still overpower the engine?
                  The chassis can definitely handle the power.. but as mine is right now, I am going to have to retune everything else on the car to dial it in. That means larger brakes, better suspension.
                  sigpic

Comment

What does your sister think of her "old" car?
                    Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by ncrmtrsprtsE30 View Post
                      The chassis can definitely handle the power.. but as mine is right now, I am going to have to retune everything else on the car to dial it in. That means larger brakes, better suspension.
                      What's your current suspension setup? I can't remember, having read through this thread a few months ago.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by Peelsbimmer View Post
                        What does your sister think of her "old" car?
                        she misses it and says why do I keep messing with it. lol

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        What's your current suspension setup? I can't remember, having read through this thread a few months ago.
                        ground control. its garbage. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

What's the issue? You should be able to work with the Konis for your setup. What are you considering changing to?
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

What's the issue? You should be able to work with the Konis for your setup. What are you considering changing to?
                            my coworker had konis and they were blown after 10k miles. I am going to go with the CAtuned true coilover.
                            sigpic

Comment

That is honestly a downgrade. Not hating. Do more research, talk to more people at the track, there are guys on this forum with lots of setup and track experience... not one of them will tell you to go that route. If you are looking to get better and learn about setting up your car, cheap shocks won't get you anywhere
                              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

That is honestly a downgrade. Not hating. Do more research, talk to more people at the track, there are guys on this forum with lots of setup and track experience... not one of them will tell you to go that route. If you are looking to get better and learn about setting up your car, cheap shocks won't get you anywhere
                                ive done a bit research and seen that most people are assuming CAtuned coilovers are the same as BC Racing's.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X