No announcement yet.

#BecauseRaceCar Story and Build - M60 6-spd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn man makes me want to do a V8 swap. That thing looks mean!
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I like everything but the shift boot.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Ohh yess....
        Originally posted by csermonet47
        Vlad, you are handling this quite unprofessionally.

Also, you are a cock with tacky taste.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by ncrmtrsprtsE30 View Post
          I dont want to do a burnout on these wheels/tires trying to sell them!! LOL
          thats what bottlecaps are for
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Can't wait to see it in person!!

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
            Instagram:
            https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
            LS Build Thread:
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by ncrmtrsprtsE30 View Post
              https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbeXjUIwFg/

a little video of the exhaust
              What's your exhaust setup? Shits on point!

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                What's your exhaust setup? Shits on point!
                2 vibrant 12" resonators. its too loud for laguna seca..
                sigpic
                The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
                On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

just realized I have been following you on instagram for a while, awesome build for sure.

Comment

I looked everywhere and couldn't find a write up with the E30 M60 Swap 6 speed WITH the Z3 short shifter, after I ran into the problem of my selector rod hitting my guibo.

The shortened selector rod from the E30 is too much of an angle and hit the guibo.

Here you can see how much of an angle the selector rod is at.

I was thinking how i can modify the rod, maybe put a bend in it, to possibly get around it. Or go back to the stock shifter. Spent a whole night trying to find any info I could about using the Z3 short shifter with the M60 6-speed swap. But came up empty handed.

Started going through different 3 series vehicles that had the same Getrag type shifter assembly and came across this beauty.. Selector rod from an E36 318ti...

Looks like exactly what i need! but does it fit? ill take the chance.
                    sorry i dont have much pictures of it out of the car, but after shortening it and putting everything on the car.. Wala!

Clears perfectly! plenty of room! Made my day!
                    Here is a link to the selector rod: P/N 25111222203 :

So is it possible to use the Z3 Short shifter with a M60 Getrag 420G 6-speed? YES with the Selector rod from a E36 318ti.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is a little write up on my brake setup.

You all know I went with the Boosterless Wilwood Pedal Assembly. I used the Garagistic Box they have which makes install and positioning a breeze. With really good bracing and reinforcement. I really didnt want to spend weeks and a lot of swearing, designing and building my own.

The only thing is that once installed it is impossble to do any adjusting of the pedal height whatsoever and bias adjusting is a pain to do at the pedal box. Id suggest getting the remote bias adjuster from Wilwood. But then this happens with the Garagstic pedal box..

Keep in mind that the adjuster rod does move inside the box when the pedal is pressed. So it totally does not work unless you notch out about 1.5" like so..

My braided lines were custom built by Chase Bays per my specs, with custom routing, limiting the amount of lines inside the engine bay. Mind the wires, I feel like ripping out the whole harness and building one from scratch..

Routing the lines with bulkheads through the firewall was a little tricky..

Left line is the Drivers Front Brake line.
                      Center Top line is the Rear Brake line.
                      Center Bottom is the Clutch line.
                      Passenger Front line looks same as Drivers, but below the glovebox.
                      No the throttle linkage does not touch any of the lines.

Here is the Rear Brake Line and Clutch on the Engine bay side.

Here is how it looks for the Driver and Passenger Front lines through the firewall.

The Interior is a "suede" wrapped dash and CF wrapped panels with:
                      6 switch push button start QuikCar Race Panel
                      3 Autometer Gauges - Water temp, oil press, oil temp
                      Wilwood remote reservoirs and Wilwood remote bias adjuster
                      NRG quick release and 350mm deep dish suede wheel
                      sigpic

Comment

I like yo dash. Hell, I like yo everything.
                        Protip for the NRG wheel. Put loctite on the screws holding the wheel onto release. They anodized the threads and the screws vibrated out mid race in my lemons car. Scary moment.

You gonna build a diffuser for the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          I like yo dash. Hell, I like yo everything.
                          Protip for the NRG wheel. Put loctite on the screws holding the wheel onto release. They anodized the threads and the screws vibrated out mid race in my lemons car. Scary moment.

You gonna build a diffuser for the rear?
                          Thanks man! as for the wheel i have experienced that already haha

for the diffuser, I made my Version 1 diffuser made from Alumite.

But now I am working with an aero company on designing and building a V2 design for my E30.
                          sigpic

Comment

Any better photos of what you had to do to the garagistic bracket to get the balance bars to fit/rotate?
                            Track Car Build:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=365614

Comment

Originally posted by thestein1016 View Post
                              Any better photos of what you had to do to the garagistic bracket to get the balance bars to fit/rotate?
                              ...and for the remote bias adjuster, I'm thinking about doing the same, when my stuff gets here....
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Working...
                              X