My 24v 318is from Deutschland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking car!
    Euro car and parts export business based in the Netherlands, specialized in E30 Tourings!

Instagram: @garage30_ WWW.GARAGE30.NL

Comment

Thank you :up:

So I got the new si batteries in and the tacho STILL doesn't work!! Anyone have any ideas why?? I could see any damages to any of the solder joints and I did look thoroughly. Really amnoyed about this..

I did paint my needles red while I was at it and they look great.
      I also replaced my control arms last night and got the front end feeling nice and tight

Managed to snap a stubborn sway bar mount, had to improvise for the track tomorrow haha

From instagram: jrobtron

Last edited by JamesE30; 08-24-2016, 11:45 AM.

R.H.D
      M-technic I club

Comment

Had a great time at the ring.
        I managed to get 6 laps in but only 2 clean with no yellow flags. No problems with the car it was running great! just need to keep practicing and learing the track. So many blind crests and corners.
        Best lap was a 9:00, and i am certain I can beat it! haha I'll try and get some videos next weekend when I go back.

Unfortunately I pretty much ruined the nice paint I had done on my new rims..
        When soaking them in some wheel cleaner and high pressure hosing them i chipped some paint and there is still brake dust fused into them.. I think I wont worry about too much it until track season is over this year.

Recently I redid my vacuum system to delete the stupid catch can and reinstall the CCV and try to fix my shitty idle.
        It took me a long time to figure this shit out but in the end I think I got it right and after a couple of days my car is running so much better !

Had to weld an oil drain onto the e34 dipstick since the one I picked up wouldn't fit.

The centre piece.

So I mentionedI sent my other wheel off to be done in alcantara. I got it back today! It looks pretty good but im not 100% if I like it better than leather or not. But I always wanted one so now I have both I can alternate them when I like :D

alcantara

Nurburgring trip again this sunder so more to come :up:

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

I think this is my favorite build thread on r3v. Gut gemacht! Super geil.

-E
          -ALaS

Comment

This is exactly what I hope my car to end up like. This thread is motivation!
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Very nice e30!! Lucky you... Nurburgring is so nice! Been there once and said to myself that I absolutely have to get back here!!

Would you know where the adapter bracket for the e36 galiper come from?
              E30 now S52
              2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
              325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                I think this is my favorite build thread on r3v. Gut gemacht! Super geil.

Danke!

-E
                Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                This is exactly what I hope my car to end up like. This thread is motivation!
                Haha thanks! These comments keep me motivated to work on the car!

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
                Very nice e30!! Lucky you... Nurburgring is so nice! Been there once and said to myself that I absolutely have to get back here!!

Would you know where the adapter bracket for the e36 galiper come from?
                I believe its a piece from 300mm.de but I'm not sure if its available any more. They do have some other good options though :up:

R.H.D
                M-technic I club

Comment

Love this thing!
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Some pics from the nurburgring yesterday

New best time 8:59! yeehaaa finally broke the 9 min barrier. Still lots of room to improve though!

Air time in the karusel haha :P

R.H.D
                    M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                      Some pics from the nurburgring yesterday
                      I seriously daydream about shipping my E30 to Europe just to drive the Ring in my own car. I had a blast with the track prepped VW Polo I drove a few years ago, I could only imagine the E30.

9 minutes is damn good!
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I seriously daydream about shipping my E30 to Europe just to drive the Ring in my own car.
                        This is one of my dreams. OP, awesome car! Looks like you are enjoying the shit out of it!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm definitely trying to make the most of my time in Germany!
                          I was super happy with 8:59 but I know I can do better :P

One area I can get to work on right away is my brakes, I noticed by the end of each lap I was starting to get some serious brake fade. Particularly one section braking from about 220kmph down to 80kmph. a bit scary the 1st time!

I already have bigger 296mm brembo rotors from a JCW Mini, e36 calipers and yellow stuff pads, so i decided to build some brake ducting.

First I bought some high temp 76mm flexible silicon hose.
                          Then I made these adaptors to fit the round hose the back of the stock square brake intakes.
                          I found these plastic things at work, and with some heat and pressure stretched them over this round to square die I made.

Same principle could be applied to a plastic water bottle or something similar..

Then cut up some steel plate and exhaust pipe and had a friend tack weld it together. (not winning any welding beauty awards here but it will do the job haha)

Painted with some black high temp paint

Cut some mesh plates to stop any stones flying into my rotors

Air intake installed.
                          Excuse the filthy car, havent washed it since the ring haha

Next up, the rotor backing plates and hose routing. More pics to come!

Cheers

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

Looking really nice man, this car + the ring = sher gut

Comment

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
                              Looking really nice man, this car + the ring = sher gut
                              Danke!

Backing plates and hoses installed.

Looks like it will clear ok!

I stripped the damn rotor retaining screw on the right side so that will have to wait until I can drill it out!!

R.H.D
                              M-technic I club

Comment

Nicely done!! Very clean setup!! Thinking about doing this also to give a chance to my stock brake...
                                E30 now S52
                                2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
                                325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X