No announcement yet.

My 24v 318is from Deutschland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that you've decided to keep at least some of the dust shielding. Too many people get rid of that on a street driven car for my liking..

Comment

Man, I would love to see how much your brake cooling helps, objectively and subjectively!

Nice work :)

Are you only in Germany for a temporary amount of time?

-E
      -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by MatRacer View Post
        Nicely done!! Very clean setup!! Thinking about doing this also to give a chance to my stock brake...
        Thanks! Should help a bit, stock brakes actually work really well with good pads, they just heat up so fast!

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
        Love that you've decided to keep at least some of the dust shielding. Too many people get rid of that on a street driven car for my liking..
        Thanks man, I would have made them a bit bigger but I had to knock them up at work pretty quick from a cardboard template I made. I didn't want to remove the wheel bearings either since I just replaced them, so I kept the dust shields pretty simple with just 2 bolt points.

Originally posted by alas View Post
        Man, I would love to see how much your brake cooling helps, objectively and subjectively!

Nice work :)

Are you only in Germany for a temporary amount of time?

-E
        Thanks! I can't wait to test them properly on the ring soon. This weekend I'm attending Pass Masters, a rally through the alps, so I should have some steep downhill passes to test the brakes as well.

I'm Australian but moved to Germany 4 years ago for work and been living in various cities around the country since then. Not planning to stay for ever though.

Cheers!

R.H.D
        M-technic I club

Comment

awesome work on the ride, one of my favorite cars on this forum for sure!
          If you ever plan on selling the car (when you´re moving back to Australia), please let me know :)

Comment

Originally posted by MVincken View Post
            awesome work on the ride, one of my favorite cars on this forum for sure!
            If you ever plan on selling the car (when you´re moving back to Australia), please let me know :)
            Haha thanks a lot mate! And I'll put you on the list! haha ;)

Well, the cooling ducts worked well! Was enjoying smashing the shit out of the brakes on passmasters unthey started to fade bad on the last day.. when i everntually ground to a hault for a rest, I saw why they were "fading".. time for new pads and rotors haha

in the mean time, a new package arrived! Alpina dead pedal in need of some love :D

...couple hours later..

Cant wait to install this properly, did a test fit it looks awesome.

And last but not least.. more new wheels! :P

Compomotive TH2 16x7, 4x100! very hard to find in this size and bolt pattern so I had to snatch them up when i saw them! I'm yet to see 16" TH2's on an e30 and I love this wheel design. Still need to decide on tyre/spacer size and if I keep them black or paint them silver.. Having seen how bad the dust kills the hartges though, I like the convenience of them as track wheels being black..

Slight difference in tyre size haha

More to come

R.H.D
            M-technic I club

Comment

that dead pedal looks so awesome

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

Is that an Australian flag next to your name on the window? What are you doing in Germany?

btw can you weigh your Compomotives?? Ive always loved those wheels and have wondered what they weigh
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

any more pics or details about the screen mesh in the brake ducts

looks really useful i have brake ducts on my car also

-
                  Project
                  Parts for Sale
                  Feedback
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Man those Compomotives are sexy! Very jealous!!

And great job refinishing that dead pedal!

Comment

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                      that dead pedal looks so awesome
                      Thanks mate I'm super happy with it

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Is that an Australian flag next to your name on the window? What are you doing in Germany?

btw can you weigh your Compomotives?? Ive always loved those wheels and have wondered what they weigh
                      Yes, I'm Australian! Been living in Germany about 4 years I'm an automotive design clay modeller.
                      I'll try and weigh them when I get the tyres off, I'm curious as well. They feel heavier than the hartges..

Originally posted by iwantspeed View Post
                      any more pics or details about the screen mesh in the brake ducts

looks really useful i have brake ducts on my car also
                      Sorry I don't really have any more pics but I definitely recommend it, I can already see it catching things I don't want going into my rotors. It's just some steel mesh I got from work. Kind of like speaker mesh. I cut it to the shape of the back o the oem ducts and sandwiched it between those and the "square2round" adapters

Originally posted by kts View Post
                      Man those Compomotives are sexy! Very jealous!!

And great job refinishing that dead pedal!
                      Thanks a lot man!
                      Last edited by JamesE30; 09-20-2016, 10:03 PM.

R.H.D
                      M-technic I club

Comment

Your paint looks shiny, like really shiny! You must moisturize.
                        REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                          Your paint looks shiny, like really shiny! You must moisturize.
                          Hahah ;) thanks! actually I just had the paint detailed a few days ago to bring back some red! before i actually had a matte pink roof/door/trunk so I'm pretty happy with the results! thought I don't really have pics to do it justice haha

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

WINTER EDITION
                            So, In November I am quitting my job in Germany to move to the french ski resort of Val D'isere to work for the winter season. Something I always wanted to do and finally have the opportunity!
                            My plan was to store the red e30 for winter and buy a friends ix touring to take with me, but turns out the ix was way too much work to get ready in time, so I've decided to take the red one with me!

So next stage of this project is to prepare it for winter :D

I'll only be driving a couple of times up and down the mountain during the whole winter, since ill be working and living in the resort and the car will mostly live in an underground car park. But there will be a couple of long night drives in the snow, so ill post a few updates as I start changing the car, and Ill definitely post some pics once I get it up there in the snow!

So first up..
                            I always wanted rallye lights on an e30 and when I saw Kamotors do it a few years ago I knew I had to have them one day. I wanted to build the light bar myself and make it a little differently, but the concept is the same as kamotors so a big thank you for the inspiration!

Only mu secont time welding but it came out ok!

Wiring these was a bit of a PITA but got them working perfectly in the end!

Mounted:

And finished! I might space them a little closer together just for aesthetics, but functionally they are great!

I plasti-dipped my compomotives white, Lancia delta integrale style :P Hopefully it will protect them a bit for the winter. I'm picking up my new snow tires tomorrow :D

I also needed some roof racks since my skis wont fit in the coupe haha, and it just so happened the guy renting the garage next to us had these oem BMW racks sitting around! Still need to get the other one but he's sure he has it somewhere, so thats another piece of the puzzle complete! Keeping it proper 90's style!

more to come :P

R.H.D
                            M-technic I club

Comment

Looks so cool with the extra hella's!!
                              Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Snow tires and higher springs on for winter :D
                                Ride hight is up about 20mm now. Wheels still need some spacer fine tuning.

R.H.D
                                M-technic I club

Comment

Working...
                                X