1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
    Buy a Mtech dead pedal and the floor mats will cover the rest.
    I would love too but the only one I have seen for sale was $600 and while I am blowing a ton of money on this car $600 for a damn dead pedal I just cant stomach, I mean thats part of my exhaust or the subframe right there.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Some goodies came in!! H&R springs, most of my parts for my entire suspension refresh, new bushings, control arms etc. Also got Koni adjustables not in the pic.

Waiting on my convertible 21mm front sway bar and new links and my rear 14.5mm M3 sway.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
        I would love too but the only one I have seen for sale was $600 and while I am blowing a ton of money on this car $600 for a damn dead pedal I just cant stomach, I mean thats part of my exhaust or the subframe right there.
        Sorry I didn't see this until now. Does it have to be original Mtech? If not here are two options for you. I prefer the former rather than the latter.

BMW Pedals makes the best pedals for your BMW... and made to fit YOUR model!

Both options are a lot cheaper than $600. And the former is a full set that you can get the Motorsports M engraved on them including the dead pedal. Happy New Year.
        How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Also recommend the Massive option. Funny thing I just noticed after clicking the link, its my car in the picture...lol, thanks Lee.
          Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
          BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by monty23psk View Post
            Also recommend the Massive option. Funny thing I just noticed after clicking the link, its my car in the picture...lol, thanks Lee.
            I actually bought this the other day, we will see how I like it. They actually had a group buy on this forum and E30tech 3 or so years ago.

Comment

A few small updates again. It finally warmed up enough to work in the garage again. It was pretty cold a few weeks ago and the garage isnt really heated.

Anyway stopped by the inlaws place and was able to get the door cards installed. This was actually more of a pain in the ass then I thought. These are the ones I bought on ebay, they look great and the quality is good, but I think due to them being recovered and not from my car originally they are were off just slightly on some of the screw holes. It all worked but had to struggle a bit to get them all lined up. hope I dont have to take them off anytime soon.

Also hard to see but I installed the LED alarm light in the door panel. I connected it with a quick disconnect so if I had to take the panel off it would be easier.

I also installed the M3 antenna on the roof, should have taken more pics. It wasnt too hard, ran the antenna cable down the right side of the roof.

Comment

wow, looks wonderful. gonna paint the exterior when you're done with it or leave it as is?

Comment

That looks so good.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    wow, looks wonderful. gonna paint the exterior when you're done with it or leave it as is?
                    Yep, full OEM MTech II kit and repaint down to bare metal.

I'm going to do the S54 swap first this spring before o do the paint so I don't mess up the paint while working.

Comment

Looking good brotha!

Comment

i like the door trims.. Is that from the mob in the UK?
                        Boris - 89 E30 325i
                        84- E30 323i

Comment

Those door cards are sweet! John made a great seat kit for me also (tan uberkaro cloth centers and natural vinyl bolsters) and I'm trying to figure out what to do for door cards. Does the ebay source you bought from make these as a business, or were yours just a one off? Can you tell if the centers on yours are a separate piece that's mounted on top of the main door card? Any info would be much appreciated.

Cory
                          1992 325i Cabrio
                          1988 320i Touring
                          2000 M5
                          1977 530i
                          2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                          BMWCCA
                          E30CCA

Comment

It's this guy, he is out of Germany and does it as a business. I'm pretty sure he will do any color you want. Just email him.

Comment

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251501228914?_mwBanner=1

It's this guy, he is out of Germany and does it as a business. I'm pretty sure he will do any color you want. Just email him.
                              Thanks. Looks like he does great work.
                              1992 325i Cabrio
                              1988 320i Touring
                              2000 M5
                              1977 530i
                              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
                              BMWCCA
                              E30CCA

Comment

This is such an epic build. So glad I found it! Beautiful car and progress.

Mr. Wolfe
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X