Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e30 316 build x2 (m52/m50, turbo, 3pcs bottle caps etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the flare was ripped off. And I assume those black marks are just burned tire. How badly damaged is Petri's E30? Both of these car are amazing.

It is too bad about your car. I guess it is time for another upgrade.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

What do you think it is?
      i had a problem like that it turned out stock ring gaps don't like the heat and broke every land.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
        I see the flare was ripped off. And I assume those black marks are just burned tire. How badly damaged is Petri's E30? Both of these car are amazing.

It is too bad about your car. I guess it is time for another upgrade.
        It will buff out :D The tire just lost the whole thread section and it flapped against car. Destroying the flare and made the black marks.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
          What do you think it is?
          i had a problem like that it turned out stock ring gaps don't like the heat and broke every land.
          Well. Spoiler alert!

I already pulled the engine:

And tore down the engine. Number 1 and 5 pistons had cracked ringlands. No signs of piston rings binding so rising the boost at max torque point was what killed the engine. Too much cylinder pressure for the stock pistons. The stock pistons seem to handle about 600nm of torque. The 1.1-1.2bar of boost is 700nm or more which was too much.

Otherwise engine was mostly ok. No scratches on the bores and bearings looked normal. Only few had marks of some piston fragments going through the bearings.

Should be easy rebuild and I have already started gathering parts, now that I know what I need to get.

Comment

10.8 is good numbers, unfortunate about your engine but I guess it's a good excuse to rebuild bigger and better
            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
            X