Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold

Car sold
    Last edited by mr.vang; 10-19-2016, 10:08 PM.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

The exterior really doesn't look too bad. Just looks like a few pieces of trim are busted. Anyways, looks like a fun project.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
      The exterior really doesn't look too bad. Just looks like a few pieces of trim are busted. Anyways, looks like a fun project.
      From the pictures it doesn't look bad but up front it's has it's flaws. The previous owner did a shitty spray can paint of the whole car. He called it light brown. Also, the rear valance is push in and has a rust hole. Once everything is sorted, I'll have to cut out a good valance from the junk yard and replace it. This does give me a good excuse to learn body work though.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
        I feel so bad for the car, I bought it.
        lol

Good luck saving this car!

Comment

sub'd

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Those motor mounts don't make the motor move side to side?

Comment

How much did you get it for?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                Those motor mounts don't make the motor move side to side?
                yes they do and makes the clutch fan eat the radiator.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                How much did you get it for?
                Honestly, I over paid. If i knew what I know now about the car, I could've offered a lower price. I paid $1,000.00, but it also came with a dash cover, new knee panel, book, and $2.03 some change under the seats LOL.

Comment

I got home early from school and had couple hours to work on the car before night fall. Excuse my pictures as they are all shot with a 50mm lens and you know it doesn't work well in close range. Let the fun begin!

I forgot to tell you it only came with two pedals. Manual swap is on its way though.

sunroof stuck in this position, how would I go about fixing this?

I found more junk to toss away

interior

This came with the car and it is for the broken hood latch cable

I sacrificed one of my shirt so I don't get butt rape by the metal springs inside during the 3 hours ride home.

walmart anyone?

engine bay

it look like its done in 2015, but I still don't trust it consider how shity things are put together on this car.

So the car is suppose to be this color, but dam rattle can paint job ruin it.

At least it came with a nice trunk roundel

These are going in

I like OEM fuse so i'm pulling all fuses out and thanks to the e30 fuse diagram for the help.

don't forget the spares

these are going in the trash

Found trash under the front seat and some change

Pulled the rear seat and found a wet swamp

much better

After getting all the crap out of the front, its time to work the trunk. I hate aftermarket antenna. The previous owner decided its a good idea to catch water with a towel.

The antenna hole just got butt raped. This is why I hate aftermarket antenna. I will never be able to use an OEM antenna on this car ever again.

When I first bought the car, I wonder why the previous owner put a cardboard box under the battery? Now I know, because the battery doesn't fit and won't sit flat on the stock plate.

yup, there are water in the trunk

more water. I haven't see a cassette for quite some time now.

The previous owner piss in there forsure.

Putting the towel I found to better use.

Just as everything was going well, this happen. Now I will have more things to fix. I made a temp fix for now.

replacing the nut I stole from the sway bar tab

It was getting dark so I have to clean up and pull the car inside the garage. Plus, its dam windy today here in Sac, so it was getting freezing. At the end of the day, I didn't got some of my money back. Some nasty looking coins though.

Since it failed smog the other day, i'll be storing it at my brother's shop for the meantime, since my wife wants her garage space back. Its a hour away so I'll be working on it only on the weekend. Once everything is sorted, i'll get it smog that way I can register it. Since I can't transfer the title to my name without smog, I'm going to tell the previous owner to put it on non-op, that way the title can be transfer without smog. I got some goodies waiting to be put on the car. Also, I will be selling the fog lamps and a/c components, so if anyone is interested please let me know.
                  Last edited by mr.vang; 10-19-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

What a/c components will you sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    -ALaS

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
                      What a/c components will you sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Everything inside the engine bay. I will double check to see if it is working this weekend since I just left it inside my brother's shop this morning. I'll send you some pictures of the fog lamps as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                        Since it failed smog the other day, i'll be storing it at my brother's shop for the meantime, since my wife wants her garage space back. Its a hour away so I'll be working on it only on the weekend. Once everything is sorted, i'll get it smog that way I can register it. Since I can't transfer the title to my name without smog, I'm going to tell the previous owner to put it on non-op, that way the title can be transfer without smog. I got some goodies waiting to be put on the car. Also, I will be selling the fog lamps and a/c components, so if anyone is interested please let me know.
                        You can begin the title transfer process without smog, just go to the DMV with your paperwork and tell them you haven't smogged it yet. They'll begin the process and that way you won't get fined for waiting over 10 days to notify DMV of new ownership and it gives you time to get it to pass smog. If it's not currently registered then you might be able to non-op it right then (not fully sure on that one), but you shouldn't necessarily have to get the previous owner involved.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                        --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Nice little looking project. Any plans painting it back to cirrus blue?
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                            You can begin the title transfer process without smog, just go to the DMV with your paperwork and tell them you haven't smogged it yet. They'll begin the process and that way you won't get fined for waiting over 10 days to notify DMV of new ownership and it gives you time to get it to pass smog. If it's not currently registered then you might be able to non-op it right then (not fully sure on that one), but you shouldn't necessarily have to get the previous owner involved.
                            What i'm trying to do is to get the car under my name asap. So, without smog, the title can't be transfer. The only way to transfer title without smog is if the car is on non-op. The car is still registered and title under the previous owner. The previous owner is willing to pay the $19 non-op fee so the title can be transfer because he don't want to be held liable for the car anymore. Neither the previous owner nor I have notify DMV of the sale yet. The date of sale on the previous owner title haven't been sign yet so once the PO put it on non-op, i'll put in the date and on my way to DMV. I have done this before, and it has always work. I'll have to smog it once I decided to put it off non-op though, but by then it shouldn't be a problem since everything will be sorted. Now, the car isn't road worthy yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                              Nice little looking project. Any plans painting it back to cirrus blue?
                              Is there anyway to peel the rattle can paint without destroying the original paint? If not, then paint will be the last thing i'll be working on.

Comment

Working...
                              X